1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bemmo produces.............eventually!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mark Gelder, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Had arranged to go fishing with Deadly yesterday but just couldn't get motivated but having worked all day by late afternoon i was packing the car and driving over to Bemmo,

The sea looked OK, not thick colour but definate colour, set up in Dugout. The next 3.5 hrs were dire, 1 coalie plus the last 3 casts the bait came back untouched,

I was thinking about a move when Matty rang me around 10ish to tell me that deadly had caught 4 at Runswick while he was there, anyway that was the kick up the arse i needed.

I moved some 400yds or so to shallower/kelpier ground for last 1.5hrs of flood, 1st cast and after 15 mins got a few good bites, picked the rod up and didn't even get chance to assume the codling crouch, the rod just lunged over, new it was a decent fish, got it to bottom of cliff and with rod in rodrest started the very slow windup,

it wasn't long before the leader was on the reel and a nice fish was swung over, a new PB for up there weighing 5lb10oz. I quickly cast another rig out then set about unhooking the fish,

After about 5 mins another good bite, this time i wound down and then got the lunge, OH SH%$ a better fish, i couldn't wind this one when it reached the cliff bottom so i had the rod on the rodrest with me sat on the butt,

I was turning the spool with my right hand and winding with my left at the same time, after what seemed like an eternity the leader was around the spool and the full rig and fish were just below my rod tip, I took the weight of the fish and swung it on the bank to my right, this 1 tipping the scales at 7lb4oz, my 2nd biggest fish ever and biggest up Bemmo................

[​IMG]

I quickly rebaited the spare trace and cast back out, the cast was hampered by the tighness of the braid on the spool so never went far, after 15 mins i fetched it in and recast a fresh bait,

it was now around 11.45, i was leaving at 12, after a few mins i got a cracking bite that just kept going, this one was a smaller fish weighing 3lb9oz. I did the usual fishing thing and had 1 more cast,

The crab was frozen tbh, so i put the rodbell on the rod while i started packing away thinking that it would take a few mins to defrost, after a couple of minutes i could here the bell going ballistic,

looking up the rod was banging away, i picked it up and the fish was on, no need to even strike, problem was i was stuck solid, i gave some line but the fish didn't move, as it was on i thought it must be my lead that was stuck, i went for the break and unfortunatly the rig parted, gutted .....................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still a cracking finish to the session and plenty of lessons learned....................

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well done Mark, better sample of fish than the usual run of mops up there, well done getting em up without a pole. :cool:

3. robq

robq Rockling

Well done mark :happy:

Some nice fish about at the moment !

They are bloody hard work getting up though arnt they :surprise:

4. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

well done mark, but no donny hats allowed on here, super leeds

5. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Nice fishing that is Mark well done - not that we are competitive or anything!! :laugh: :laugh:

6. adrenalin.

adrenalin. Blenny

Well done kingcod sum cracking fish there buddy!

7. halfprice

halfprice Owt For Nowt

well done mate
    a bit of excitement that session then mate

8. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Think your getting the hang of this fishing lark :whistle: well done mate,...by the way that's a crackin hat :wink:

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Nice one mark. Your printed concrete is becoming more familiar than mww's block setts now :cheesy:

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Great post, fantastic catch, $hite hat.

11. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

LMAO, biggest problem weve got in Donny Glenn is theres more Leeds supporters than Donny......................

12. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

No movement 6 Huddersfield 10 4 17
    No movement 7 Leeds United 10 2 17

Sorry mark, couldn't find Doncaster... :confused:

Back to fishing - is it me or are are the Cod (most on the current threads) 'kelpies'? If they are - is that normal for this time of year?

13. robq

robq Rockling

Been a few with a wee bit of colour but not proper kelpies. almost all of mine have been clean fresh fish :yes:

14. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Its quite normal for a good number of the first fish to be red. Having said that Ive had a few fresh fish too which is nice to see. I always think the fresh run fish dont come in good numbers untill late October or early Novemeber which is when I expect to see some better fish mixed in with the mops.

15. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice results ther for u mark and 2 cracking fish, i bet ur arms were killing after :laugh: :laugh:

16. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i like the hat, is it italian or spanish or something :cheesy:

great catch mark, im still waiting for one over 3lb, time yet like :yes:

17. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Mark I bet it was a struggle with that bigger one on your own.

18. GJW

GJW Rockling

Great result Mark, just shows if you put in the effort you get your reward in the end.. What was your tactics for getting them up the cliff on your own?

19. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Lesson learned from a few missapts tbh Gary and i have no pole like u guys, i have a strong bank stick with a 'roach pole' roller on, i had the rod on the bank stick, the rod butt on floor with my arse firmly on it and the rod pointing about 45 degrees, this meant i didn't have to hold the rod at all. I was turning the spool manually with my right hand and moving the handle as much as i could with my left, remembering losing 1 at the top before i also made sure to continue until the swivell on the rig was almost at my rod tip. It seemed to take ages and i was sweating like a 'fat lass at a rave' by the time the fish was banked.

20. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Well done Mark some cracking fish there , its a long way up Bemmo Cliff , top marks to you