1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bemmo cliffs Tides

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by THE DOLPHIN, Oct 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Hi all could you help with some advice regarding the best tides for fishing from the cliffs.

Can you fish over low spring or neap tides ?

Is there a better tide to fish flood or ebb ?

Cheers Chris

2. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

now chris,,u can fish all tides iv been told,,and i been a few times and the water never goes from below u,,
    u planning a trip ?? gis a shout i be up for it,,

3. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Hi Dean ye that's what I have been told you can fish any tide but when you look at a few pics of the cliffs it looks like it dries out at low tide in places. When I get chance to go I will let you no pm me your mobile number because if I am at boat i have no means of getting on internet at all.

4. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Now Chris, Bempton is a complete inigma im affraid, you can catch 6 while the guy 25yds away catches nothing, on Monday night we fished next to a filey lad, he bagged up while we scratched about. Its a tide spot so bigger tides generally better than neaps but as for best times flood/ebb, i can't make out which is best, generally 1st & last of ebb/flood best times. The spots from bottom of path to 100yds beyond 'dugout, keep there water throughout tide.

You'll have to get down we me n Rich at some point.......................

5. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Thanks for that Mark I will have to get there soon and see you and Rich and watch how you do it.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I fully believe that Bempton just like anywhere else is predictable to a certain degree. You should always note that certain lads do very well up there consistantly. This is not just luck, its because they know it well. Bait will also make a big difference. I would be interested to know if people are using fresh lug, as during mop years Im told the fish can take lug over peeler even at this early stage of the season.

7. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Bait is the key up there I agree Glenn, the Filey lad fishing next to us had fresh edible peeler, he was doing really well, we had frozen green and defrosted edible wings bound on, didnt do nowhere near as good has he did, although ive been upthere on numerous occasions when small frozen green has been OK.

We'll let you know on the worm situation in a couple of weeks, were gunna give fresh yellowtails a bash when we get some on the ext set of big tides.

8. bow1

bow1 Rockling

chris id have a ride down also im only up road from you.

9. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i wouldnt mind avin ago meself at some point lad but wouldnt really know wer 2start. wot set up r u all using, is it just standard multiplyer r fixed spool with plenty ov braid on. and how r u gettin the fish up, can u reel them up r do u use a pully system r just hand ball them up.

matty.

10. deano72

i use conoflex lion heart rod,with penn 555 loaded up with 80lb braid,just normal rig set up,just wind the fish up,,if its really big fish book op at hospital :laugh: :laugh:

11. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

For me wether its fresh or frozen crab putting lugworm as well on the hook will improve things 99% of the time , also good ragworm is a much overlooked bait
    over HEAVY ground , it can be a killer diller , just dont used the farmed ones

12. imonlycoddin

thanks for the info deano, ive not got a 555 but got a 525 old mag and a 525 new mag aswell as a slosh30 and grays g.mag, will any of them stand up2 the job :confused:

13. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

your 525's and slosh 30 will not hold enough line. I use a penn 535 up there and it holds plenty of line alot of the lads are using fixed spool reels with braid I can't coment on what type they are using.

14. deano72

like chris says,,525 no good,have used slosh 30 and was just enough line on it when full to top,,535 good,but if u got 555 that will do fine,,or if u got big fixed spool they work well,,as for braid i just use 50lb china braid,as do a lot off others,,just order lots off spools and get it for about 19 quid a spool,

15. imonlycoddin

thanks agen lads, ill av a look in2 it and mite av ago somtime soon ive got a fixed spool with china braid on i mite av ago with that first and see how things go cos i mite not like the height wen i get up ther lol :scare: just one more thing lads does the 535 r 555 av magnetic casting control on. i prefer mag control, less birdies :laugh: :laugh:

16. robq

robq Rockling

you can get 535 mags but not the 555.

The blocked 535 GS is safe as houses once you get the block settings set right :yes:

17. imonlycoddin

thanks rob ill av a gander :cool: