1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bemmo Bonanza - Mop Attack !!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done lads sounds like you all had a great time. Good report and pics as well Glenn.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

How much you paying. Im starting up a Yorkshire Coast guiding business in my spare time. Winter cod fishing and then Ill be doing summer bass fishing next year.

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Are you serious? :confused:

4. bassman

bassman Administrator

Well done lads good nights fishing

5. hughiep

hughiep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have only ever fished the tops once and it was years ago with a mate...i caught one fish about a pound in weight...cant remember what it was now but i was knackered when i reeled it up.. :laugh:
    But ide love to have another go at it...are the marks easily visible..???
    Can you fish it during the day or are the birds a pain....?

cheers

hughie

6. Baramundi Bob

I think theres real money to be made in guiding Ray. Just look at the likes of Graham Hill and the lads on the south coast, they make good money out of the bass fishing, selling tackle, advertising holidays, TV appearances with Henry etc. I was talking to another prominent site member in the summer and he mentioned trying it himself. Only a matter of time before someone does it up here given the quality of the fishing. Why not be the first to strike ?

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

How much for the winter Codling package Glenn? and do you supply the macky fillets or do we bring our own bait? :cheesy:

8. Baramundi Bob

£150 per 4 hour session Sam. Will take 3 anglers. Bait provided mate, limpets, mackerel and paps.

9. hughiep

hughiep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

WHAT no cheese........its a con..... :laugh:

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Buena vista whitby club strike again ..... :cheesy: well done lads ,some quality fishing there like...... :yes: :yes:

11. Baramundi Bob

Whitby bass, rockling, bleg and minke whale club on tour Dav. Next stop a mark near you, have harpoon will travel :laugh: :laugh:!! Thats after the Henry Gilbey night though.

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

:surprise: :scare: :whistle: :butt:...... :cheesy:......

13. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done lads, another good session and report from you lads, looks like your winter season is stating to take off fellas.
    Great photos and write up Glenn.
    Regards Ian.

14. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Ian, hope to see you down here with us one night in the not too distant future mate.

15. timbo007

timbo007 New Member

I always thought that a guide could make some good money on the east coast. I know that there is nothing more rewarding than finding your own spot, making your own rigs and then catching but when you live over 80 miles away from the coast, you don’t get the opportunity to go and walk as much of the coast, like some of you have. I’ve spent a lot of time learning about a few spots around the Whitby area but now I’m ready to expand the areas that I fish.

I’ve also in the last few weeks asked a couple of people whilst fishing about spots on the east coast to try and get some info but got told not to go there unless you know the place or have been with somebody who knows the area well – this is where a guide is very useful.

I regularly go to the Mull of Galloway and after 6 years of hard work and a lot of walking, I feel that I can go up there and know where to find a few fish – Yes, I must admit that finding and fishing a spot that not many other people know about, is very rewarding but now I want to learn a lot more about the east coast for the winter.

I’ve been lucky enough to have fished with some of the best river guides in the country and I can honestly say that I always come away feeling that I have learnt a lot, been able to fish some of the best stretches of rivers that anybody could dream about fishing (River Wensum - Lenwade Mill and River Wye near Bredwardine) and most of all met some great people with some great stories to tell.

I know I’m most probable going to be called lazy but what is the difference about paying to hire a boat compared to paying somebody to help you learn a few more marks and how to read the sea? I regularly waste over £100 on a night out on the town and all I wake up with is a sore head and some munter in my bed so why not use this money to pay for somebody to help you with your fishing? At least you can walk away knowing that you’ve learnt a lot and can have more confidence when approaching new spots.

This website is great for information and it’s really good to see how much effort some of you put into your fishing and I take my hat off to you. I just wish I lived closer to the area so I could spend my summer evening’s walking stretches of the east Coast looking for likely looking holes for the winter.

All the best,

Tim

16. Somerset Bouy

Somerset Bouy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I would like to hire Baramundi Bob for a night cod fishing when I come up your way. How do I get in touch, and will he supply the cheese.

17. Baramundi Bob

Hi Timbo, If your serious mate I know one lad who is giving it a considerable amount of thought. The same person would be bloody excellent at it so I hope he does give it a go. In the meantime if you do need to know anything about marks please drop me a pm and Ill tell you what I can.

18. Baramundi Bob

This is fishing mate, not a fecking wine tasting evening

19. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I think guiding or should i say fishing instructing is a really good idea, there is no substitute for learning from an experienced angler and much more can be gained by the inexperienced and young in a days fishing, than can be in months of trawling through the internet, often it boils down to confidence and that can turn an occasionally fisher into an obsessive.

20. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wicked nights fishing Glenn,lets hope its a sign of better things to come. :happy: