1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bemmo 01/10/12, hard night & a PB

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mark Gelder, Oct 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Been waiting along time to fish Bird sanctuary again, arrived around 5.30 with a view to gettin in before the Filey lads arrive for their 1st match,

could not believe the amount of bird life still up there, there was gannets everywhere, we waited until around 6.45 before we started fishing. almost straight away there was a few fish coming in on either side of us,

i managed a mop and a pollock, it was very frustrating as we sat and watched a filey lad land a nice bag of around 5 or 6 fish no more than 30 yards to our left, we were getting bites but just couldn't hit them.

At 9.50 the mass exodus happened as stacks of Filey lads finished there match, we jumped into dugout, same thing was happening plus a fair few lobster bites as well. Just before low i had a cracking bite and hit a nice fish, with Deadlys help we managed to land a PB pollock for me weighing 5lb9oz..............

[​IMG]

Over the next few hours i decided to drop hook size and bait size, this helped a little as i managed to catch another 3 codling, 2 mops and a slightly better 1 weighing 4lb4oz, Deadly managed a mop during this period as well..........

[​IMG]

It was a really frustrating night, typical of Bemmo with fish showing here and there................

2. mww

mww Rockling

..good report Mark, well done - I've had far more frustrating sessions than that!!

Mart

3. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

good shore pollock and tidy bag of fish well done

4. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Nice one Mark you been spiking Deadly's bait again :laugh:

5. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done mark,cracking report,was up there with dan and a few others,still lots off birds,,first cast dan got caught by bird and lost all his braid,it was really hard going but managed a couple off fish,,

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Mark

7. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Well done mark,your catching more fish than the Gannet's,...hope you left it tidy :whistle:...being a Donny lad :butt:

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

LMAo Mick, quality..........

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Congratulations on your PB Pollack Mark some nice fish there , well done

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Bet you had fun dragging that up the cliffs. Well done on the pb mate, thats what fishing is all about. Did you eat the pollack ? I had some for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome eating.

11. richie7

richie7 Blenny

Nice fish Mark !!! Always good to get a P.B.

12. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

:wink:
    your bait secret is safe with me :wink: Pontefract cakes :laugh: :laugh:
    One of those slightly frustrating sessions but a good fish for you - I reckon an 8lb'er will come up just as easy..!!!! :yes: :yes:

13. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Hi Rich next time your going there preferably friday / saturday night's let me no. If I am staying on boat I will come and join you lads it's just a bit far from stockton to do in a night.

Tightlines Chris