1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bell Trophy

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by DJG, Feb 14, 2010.

1. DJG

DJG Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bell Trophy today was fished from 10 til 2, the winning team was Whitby, 64 anglers fished only 3 fish caught, 2 cod 1 dab ,hsf Andrew Cass 2lb 10, Dave Gyte 2lb 1oz and the International mole catcher 5oz , that sums fishing up at the moment, cheers dave

2. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

WELL DONE WHITBY BELL TROPHY

WEL DONE BOYS. ON WHAT I CAN HONESTLY SAY HAS BEEN WORST YEAR THAT I KNOW OF.. BUT YOU DID ENOUGH. 64 TOP RODS OUT THERE TODAY. AND THE FISH DID NOT SHOW. LOOK AFTER IT TILL NEXT YEAR LADS PETE & SCARBOROUGH ROCK ANGLERS

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Terrible results. Well done to Crusty on the fish and helping the lads bring the Trophy back to where it belongs. Well done to 64 lads for having the motivation to turn out in the middle of the worst Yorkshire Coast Cod season on record.

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done to all.
    Gutted i could not fish. :(

5. robq

robq Rockling

Unlucky lads

It does not inspire me to get the rock gear out !!

Been a few cod starting to show on the beaches though :yes:

6. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Enjoyed fishing my first Bell Trophy, having everyone meet and set off together was an experience, decided to have a trip down Casty as I've never fished it before off the shore, I've been around there plenty of times in the yak and always done ok, think I'll be having a few shore trips during the summer, not many seals seen yesterday only a couple, here's a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were 4 of us down there and only a few lobster bites, decided to have 2 chucks on peir when the tide flooded and caught a very lucrative dab

Well done Whitby club

7. robq

robq Rockling

Nice pics Iain and well done on the dab :yes:

Brings back fond memories, casty used to be one of my fav marks :happy:

8. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Yes well done iain. Was the after do any good iain? You go drinking with the beer monster? Lol.

9. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

well done whitby boys and congratulations to international mole extractor on your 90 pound flattie,

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

You lot deserve a medal trying to get fish in the worst season on record ,it must be so frustrating (Iknow its so frtustrating) putting good baits out for absolutely nothing :sad:

11. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Well done Whitby and Quint for getting 3rd.

Knew you'd bottle it Ducky, your lass wearing the trousers and that

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Didnt fish it as i was out at sea on a trip one or two cod we had on the boat on sunday would have done very nicely in the match if i had fished i would have gone on cornelian island i have had one two good sessions round flintons and then onto cornelian island one year had the heaviest bag in the match from redcliff in kayton bay on the front scaure i think i had 6 mops for 12lb in the bell trophy and it won it for the whitby club ar the good old days.

paul.

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Things were a lot different back then Paul. 1 cod from 64 anglers tells a story mate. But not to worry, Net Gain are coming to our rescue.

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

God helps us.

paul.

15. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

Should that not be 'COD HELP US!' ha ha :)

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I wish son but net gain i dont think are going to do us any favours.

paul.

17. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

Is your new keyboard up and runningn yet?