1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bell Trophy Date

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Capt Caves Man, Jan 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Capt Caves Man

Capt Caves Man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bell Trophy is to be fished on Sun 27th Jan 10 till 2 weigh in by 3 at the Anglers Social Club Scarborough. Meet at Oassis Cafe 8.30 am.
    Entry £3. Club sweeps additional and varied.
    This is an inter club match with clubs from Whitby Cloughton Scarborough Filey and Bridlington normally entering.
    The winner is the club with the highest averaged weight, If less than 8 in your team the weight you have divided by 8.
    Boundaries Argyll Gulley Hayburn Wyke to Coble Landing Filey.
    Any fish Rock Anglers size limits apply.
    Current holders Filey.
    This match is open to all members of your club and clubs should not select teams for the event.

2. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

can you post the fish sizes up ian,or where we can view them
    cheers bb

3. Capt Caves Man

Fish sizes for Bell Trophy
    20 cm Dab
    25 cm Pouting, Sole, Bream
    27 cm Flounder
    28 cm Plaice
    30 cm Wrasse, Rockling, Pollock, Whiting, Mackerel, Haddock
    35 cm Cod, Coalfish, Brill.
    38 cm Garfish, Dogfish, Eel ( Eel must be returned alive )
    41 cm Bass
    58 cm Conger
    Any other fish 25cm
    Think that is it I copied it from list in club after thinking wrasse were 35 cm and chucking 5 back in first match of the season costing me a match win and possibly more :cry:. Noticed ling not on think they used to be 62 cm will check on sat when I weigh in :wink: :laugh:

4. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

Well that's the dab size confirmed for the Filey Bay anglers Brigg Boy!! :laugh:

5. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

i threw half a dozen dabs back last year as well as i thought they were 250 LOL

6. Kevin Thompson

To be honest Brigg Boy I thought they were 230mm. Please can you check this Cap'n Caves Man?

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=2288

8. Capt Caves Man

Checked sizes all correct, to add
    33 cm Mullet
    41 cm Skate and Rays ( across wings )
    58 cm Spurdog, Bull Huss
    63 cm Ling

Dab are down as 20 they def used to be 23 dont know where they got sizes from 1 or 2 others that used to be different ie pouting used to be 23

9. Kevin Thompson

Thanks for checking although 200mm seems very small.

10. Capt Caves Man

Less than a week to go hoping for some sea and colour which could see a good weigh in with fish showing in the Bell Trophy boundaries :happy:

11. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

trophy's gone for engraving today,there was a BOGOF offer on so took the liberty of getting fileys name on for 2013 :whistle: :whistle:

12. Kevin Thompson

The new and existing members of the South Cliff Angling Club who fished the £500 match last Saturday have the chance to show their support for the club by turning out and representing them in the Bell Trophy this Sunday. Let's hope last week's turn out wasn't just a one off.

13. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

That's ok spurdogs are 58cm il have a go for them then

14. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Gutted I won't be able to fish this :mad:

Sent from my GT-i9300 using Tapatalk 2

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Allways fished this match but unfortunatly i cant make it this year :no: because i will be a couple of 1000 miles away in caribean :yes:

paul.

16. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

That's a shame Paul I bet your gutted

17. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:laugh: :laugh:

18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Benn its a horrible thought 30dec warm sunshine blue seas a nice cool g+t even a few cocktails along the way well what can you say.

paul.

19. Capt Caves Man

Tomorrow sees the Bell Trophy dont forget trophy Filey it wont be going back. Meet 8.30 at Oasis

20. captain hook

captain hook Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

have you put name on for this year as well bill forgone conclusion ithink dabs are swimming into bay tonight