1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beat This Ramrod!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mww, May 7, 2007.

1. mww

mww Rockling

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics from (& I guess property of):

http://www.kayaksportfishing.com/journal/journal_jschwartz_marlin_landed.htm

Awesome!!!

Mart

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Does that Beat a kitten Mart ?

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Trust the Yanks to go one better :eek: . They go about 20 mile out, not recommended in the north sea. I only need go a mile out roughly where Bigcod and Tim goes ;D Any way my Tope will beat that, just you wait :eek: :eek:

4. mww

mww Rockling

Ramrod

we've had tope well within yakking distance - whether you'd still be near enough to paddle home after following one that's dragged you round is another thing!!

Mart

5. mww

mww Rockling

Something else I was thinking about - how do the 'yakkers break out when they get snagged? Guess heavy line's not a great idea?

Mart

6. gwyn

gwyn Blenny

A question
    What do you do if you fall out when you got a fish like that hooked do you use your feet as ski's to tire it out and do you have the canoe attached to you as it would be one hell of a swim trying to find it

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Everything is rotten bottom but Iv,e been told it,s when it snaps you,ve got to watch you don,t fly off the other side ;D ;D I love living on the edge.
    The kayak comes 2nd, losing a fish is unacceptable ;D Listen you two my brains scrambled enough without the pair of you throwing senarios at me.

8. mww

mww Rockling

You sure it's us 2 that's scrambled your brain, & not Mrs Ramrod clobbering you for buying a silly tupperware boat? Well, that's what I'd get off Mrs W, anyway!!

Seriously, really envy you with your venture - bet it'll be a scream!! Got a mate in the States who does it (or used to, he's just moved to Washington & doesn't seem to get the chance) anyway, he thinks any other way of fishing's just plain daft - I'll dig some pics out when I remember!!

Mart

9. cps

cps Rockling

you've got to remember mart those yaks are only small to regular size guys ;) , to the mighty ramrod there like the QE2 ;D

ps ray there is a good spread on yaking in one of the mags i've brought back from the usa i'll save it 4 ya

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Cheers Chris. How did you get on over there, any good fish to report?

11. cps

cps Rockling

fishing pritty good but dam wind stoped us hunting the holey grail [tarpoons]
    pictures and full report when i've had som kip been up for 30 hrs and are f@@@ed