1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beara Peninsula, Ireland

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Jun 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Last week I was lucky enough to spend a week on the Beara Peninsula, in South West Ireland, where I was fishing with some lads from our Scarborough club, Scalby Mills - the peninsula is in County Cork and offers some fantastic fishing, with deep, clear water close in, ideal pollock and conger ground, very similar to MOG - the weather was fantastic and we all look like we've been to the Med as opposed to Ireland

Here is a few pictures of the ground and landscape

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the Southern end of the peninsula there is an Island named Durcey, to get over onto this you use a cable car, I think Gilbey has been on it, anyway unfortunatley it was closed for maintenance, the Island is a very good mark, particular for big conger, not to be put off we secured a ferry across from a local fisherman (a leeds fan), not stenna line but ok

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Throughout the holiday we caught several species including Thornback Ray, Pollock, Mackeral by the bucket load, Bull Huss, Dogfish, Wrasse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My best Conger at 14lb

[​IMG]

Pete Dunn managed this lovely pollock at 11lb

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, the area is a kayaker's dream with loads of sheltered spots to explore, although the journey over is quite long, 15 hours in all, and you can get quite addicted to the black stuff

2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done Ian, looks like you enjoyed some great fishing

tightlines

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Fantastic Report and Pics Iain. Last time I was over that way I was 14, a long time ago!

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done iain fantastic report and brilliant pictures. looks like you all had a great time lucky sods

5. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Great report and pics :yes: :happy:

6. Maxie

Maxie New Member

some great fish there,back over myself in september cant wait :yes:

7. GJW

GJW Rockling

Great report and pic's Iain looks a magical place, would love to go and visit it some day, seem's you all had a good time catching fish and all in good company of freinds and for me thats what fishing is all about.. :yes:

8. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

wow! looks like sea fishin heaven iain!!...crackin report and pics as usual..well done all of ya!

9. langy

langy Rockling

Superb read Ian and pics
    I wish the water here was as clear as that though

tight lines langy

10. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

too rite langy,chance wud be a fine thing!!

11. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Exellent report and pics Iain, looks like good fun fishing there. Those marks look fantastic, specially the rocks in the 4th pic :nerd: :cool:

12. smokey

smokey Rockling

Nice one shiny napper,great report and a cracking pollack for dunny... tight lines

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I suppose you have to be there to really appreciate scenery like that, but just looking at the pictures you can see what a very special place youve been to Iain. Im very envious of you once again mate, you certainly live life to the max. Thanks as always for taking the time and effort to share your travels with us all.

14. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Quality fella, scenery looks out of this world and plenty of fish to boot.....

15. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

As above , great report Iain, shame you couldn't go across in the cable car, watched that episode of "YOUR MUTHAS A WRASSE" Gilby so many times thinking what a great place to visit and looks like you've confirmed that !
    Well done on doing the "Conga" da da da da da da daaa,da da da da da da hoy ! :canadian: :canadian: