1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC Coast - Whitby Sea Anglers On Coast Programme

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ste muir, Apr 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ste muir

ste muir New Member

just noticed next Wednesday( 1st may) the lads will be on climbing down boulby cliffs. BBc 2 8p.m

2. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

coast

Thought bigcod had said in previous topics that it was 8 May ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Re: coast

Next Wednesday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01s9bzy

4. Mick Gibson

coast

Thanks mike_t I presume that this

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=30242.msg247206#msg247206

is the following week

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Myself, Mike 33 And Big Cliff are on next Wednesday.

Big cod is on a separate one.

6. Baramundi Bob

7. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=27369.

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Yes its the 8th may that sea otter is on screen had an email of the producer a couple of weeks ago should be worth a watch.

paul.

9. Mick Gibson

Looking forward to watching both of them.

10. CAB78

CAB78 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looking forward to them both too. I 've always wanted to fish from the shore marks around this way and will be a good insight to a great location.
    Planning on booking a day on the charter boats too as only ever fished out of Hartlepool, so a good insight all round

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It should show just what rock hopping is about what you will do to catch a codling boulby cliff is hike but for a fit young man a doddle once over i going down that cliff fished half the match over low water then climbed up and then climb down the cliff at north hawsker to fish the last couple of hours over high water legs a bit rough next day but all in days work.

paul.

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

What I have loved about visiting places like Boulby is the solitude it presents , people are driving past not to far away unaware
    that places like that exist its a lovelly place

13. CAB78

CAB78 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'd definitely prefer to fish a location such as this with a hike, than to a pier full of idiots.....
    Not to mention the views.
    I can imagine some of the local marks being quite dangerous to say the least, so will need to do plenty of homework before venturing down this way.

14. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Here is a snippet from the BBC web site about tonights Coast program.

Nick Crane explores some of the most spectacular and scary sea cliffs in Britain. He embarks on an elevated journey to take in the high spots of the Yorkshire coastline.

Nick is granted unique access to join secretive sea fishermen who have constructed a remarkable ropeway to make the perilous descent to fishing grounds at the foot of sheer sea cliffs. Why do these plucky Yorkshiremen go to such lengths to seek out this remote shoreline haven for anglers?

'Secretive' - How dare they! LOL

Never been accused of that before.

Where did they get that idea from? LOL

BP

15. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

makes for a good story, well done lads

16. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

Well done you 3 should be proud of youreslves ,respect. :cheesy:yo

17. Baramundi Bob

Were only £ucking famous Mike :laugh: :laugh:

18. j99oel

j99oel Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Congratulations bob and co, fine achievement being a part of (lets be honest) one of the few programmes on tv that is actually worth watching.

19. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Glenn, that was a cracking posh voice you put on for the camera, Judy and me were laughing about it!, well done lads

20. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Superstars !!!! And was that ya posh telly voice Glenn !!!!!! Shudda telt him wot tied whitby patter ..... Up down dinner hill owa harber and hiking owa George arbutts field where stormy was give get round bak ov rock ;-). ........ And shudda telt em ........ Du wuddnt talk tiv em if they .... :yes: