1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bassman's Sea Fishing Pictures

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I've been wanting to start a bit of an archive of sea fishing pictures from the north east taken oVer the last few decades. Up until recently I have been unable to find any at all. However forum member bassman has kindly sent me a few of his pics taken whilst fishing in Whitby and so I'm starting this thread to show them and hopefully encourage others to post up or send their pictures on so we can get a bit of an archive running.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Sea Fishing Pictures

Bonny fish bassman i remember the days when we went on jigging runs back in the eighties everything was box lenth or it didnt go in the box are the good old days but lovely to see the old photos.

3. carl

carl Guest

Great pictures mate
    What boat were they lifted from?

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Those fish were caught on the boys skipper was the man himself mr winspeare who has now retired he was one of the founders at the offshore wreck fishing a gentleman who allways kept himself to himself.

5. bassman

bassman Administrator

hi lads sorry its taken me so long to post the names of my m8s, bigcod is correct the boat was the boys and the skipper my mate den. the top photo from left to right G Jones D Chalkerly A Heseltine D Winspeare , the trip took place in july 1993 and the cod were all over 30bls. the cat weighed in at 18lbs and the other one was caught at a later date the same year 20lbs. Den retired in 97 it was a sad day for me but we still keep in touch and pop over to see him every now and then. A gent thro and thro

6. jules

jules Guest

Great pictures bassman, how many fishing forums are you in?

7. bassman

bassman Administrator

hi jules im in three this one and mackys fishing the holderness coast + the yorks & links association :) ;)