1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bassing tonight........Result two fish and broken Zonk

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mike33, Sep 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mike33

mike33 New Member

I arrive at my favorite Bass mark and start plugging with the trusty Zonk :wink: and five or six cast later and on the
    drop a fish takes the lure resulting a few mins later with a fine specimen of around 3 1/2 lb.

[​IMG]

After about ten more minutes I get pushed of the group of rocks I,m fishing on by the incoming tide, so after a bit
    of rock hopping to a new mark and a few cast later the zonk is snagged up :angry: but after a few maneuvers its free
    back to plugging but something is wrong and after inspecting the Zonk I notice that the vain is smashed off from the snag
    20 squid down the drain.........don't think I'll be replacing it though :no: so on goes the the some what battered,
    trusty, caught a lot of fish Maria Chase but no joy was had after a fruitless 20 mins fishing.

[​IMG]

Another move and another lure the Dexter Darter, well onto a mark that is good for at least one fish and true to form within
    ten mins a fine fish is hooked, I felt this one nudge the lure and then I stop the retrieve and when the fish comes back again
    the plug is on the surface and with a swirl and a splash the fish is on, moments later a Bass of around 2 1/2 lb is landed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While all this is going on a thunder storm is brewing and it is lightening out to sea so after another 10 mins I decide to make
    another move but the sky is darkening with the impending storm and lightening is getting worse so I call it a day, not wanting
    to be Zonked :cheesy: by a lightening bolt I do a Dexter Dart :cheesy: up the cliff.

Back at the car the heavens open...........Wise move :yes:

A good nights fishing

Mike

2. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Cracking post Mike and well done on the fish - we failed completely with the bass today. Should have tried from the shore!

Did you see my posts about how to fix your zonk? Dead easy. Made a slight mod to mine, as the glue came loose. Now whipped the vane on and it's good forever. Let me know if you want more details. :)

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Mike. Hope to join you out on the rocks next week for a bit of murder most horrid.

4. Baramundi Bob

Its amongst these

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=1744

5. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Well done slim lad, you were lucky to miss that downpour it would have been like a river coming down the track.
    Nice fish tho babe shame about the Zonk you will have to find another 1/2 stone of jet for another :laugh: :laugh:

Its good to see the bass back but I think the forthcoming bad weather will bu##er the plugging up for a few days but perhaps we will pick them up on bait on the beach.

Cheers
    Les

6. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Well done mike

7. mike33

mike33 New Member

Now then Glenn hope your having fun out there!! any Bass that end :cheesy: tried to get Dan out fishing tonight but
    he wasn't having it out on't razz.

Mike

8. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well done Mike, as said you can fix the vain on the Zonk and they work fine and I can assure you they catch bass, to be honest with the fixed vain you feel you can abuse them more and are less worried about running them around snags

9. mike33

mike33 New Member

Don't think I'd waste selling good Jet just to buy a bit of plastic:laugh:

Them Bass tonight were full of small shrimp so thats what there feeding on at the moment by the looks of it,
    last year they were feeding on the surface for them maybe should have tried the popper.

Mike

10. mike33

mike33 New Member

Ducky just offered to repair it for me said he had done yours...................I will persevere with it when its repaired I just think its a lot of money for a lure and poorley put together, but it has got a good action you can really feel it working when you are retreveing it.

Mike

11. seanyrooroo

seanyrooroo Pig Hunter

Superb, think I put the bass gear to bed too early this year.

12. newdave

newdave Guest

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well done mike, at least you got a broken Zonk back, mines gone. I really think that hinged vane is a load of Bollocks, its a pity they dont do a fixed version

13. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

They do dave but they go down about 7 foot
    Cheers ian

14. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done mike. :yes:

hopefuly yours will fix and you will be as happy as iain seems. :yes:

15. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done on the fish Mike shame about your plug but it will mend. Look on the brite side that lure has caught you quit a few bass and you made it back to the car before the terrible rain it lashed it down here in stockton. Well done Mike tightlines Chris

16. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

My fixed zonks definitely work fine. They go a bit deeper. I found I had to cut a couple of little notches in the lip and the bit where it slots into, and whip them together. Just gluing them wasn't strong enough - came apart after a few fish. With the whipping no glue is needed, and I can't pull them apart with my hands, so they're good forever as far as I'm concerned!

I just bought a fixed vane version to compare it, and the factory fitted version is no stronger than my fixes.

17. Baramundi Bob

Im trying to work out where you hqve been Mike: The shot with the plugs on the gravel looks like someones Patio mate. Ill be home Sunday bud, catch up with you early next week:

18. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Mike, nice plump bass there :yes:

19. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

You did a good job there Ducky lad, not just a pretty face :kiss:

20. Dav

Dav Rockling

Great stuff Mike.....some beauties there like........ :yes: :yes: