1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bassing In The Kayak - Rob Q Tries The Kaskazi Dorado - Kayaking Sat 23

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Aug 23, 2008.

1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Spawney and I met up with Robq today for a yakking session - it's been a while since we fished with Rob in fact it was April, a time when we were all looking forward to a great summer kayaking in flat, clear seas :laugh: well that never happened did it, that day back in April was ideal, flat and clear, and I can't recall a day since for me when it's been repeated - well the sea today was far from perfect so cod fishing was out, we targeted bass, and I'm pleased we all scored but Rob stole the limelight today, knocking Spawney off with a nice bag a 5 fish

setting up in anticipation of a good day

[​IMG][​IMG]

Rob drew first blood with this fish of about 3lb

[​IMG][​IMG]

It was hard to locate the fish and we eventually found a reasonable group around tidal waters - the tide causes quite a bit of movement and swell where we were, this picture doesn't do it justice, the seas were very lively, I would say borderline for safe yakking, but we managed to pull a few out

[​IMG][​IMG]

Rob seemed impressed with the Dorado so he had a spin, is he the next to splash the cash (just don't tell the wife), he we see him coming in airborne :surprise:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Not a bad day but we all are still waiting for good conditions before the summers over, there are a few more marks and species we want to try before we are stood on a rock mark freezing our ass off (as spawney says) - Rob was well pleased with his bass and thought he was on a promise tonight when he brought the spoils of the day home, but some numpty put his fish bag in the wrong car thinking they were someone elses :nerd: - sorry Rob hopefully Spawney will freeze them and not scoff them but I think his family and dogs are getting the taste for Bass :cheesy:

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Re: Kayaking Sat 23

Well done guys, a good result in obviously difficult conditions. Wish i could have been out with you but at the daughters near Birmingham. So have you got the bass bug Rob? :cheesy:

3. robq

robq Rockling

Cheers for the report Iain, It was 6 bass though mate :yes: :surprise: :surprise: 3 kept and 3 returned

I surprised even myself !!

A very enjoyable day in good company and conditions apart from a bit of swell around the head end :scare:

That dorado of yours Iain is just a little bit special :yes: the shape of the hull combined with the high gloss finish give it such glide and speed :surprise: It would take a bit of getting used to the cockpit shape but what a fantastic kayak that is !!

I do enjoy the lure fishing for the bass Ken and I did have a little bit of success with the schoolies last year the few times I tried for them, however I wouldnt say I have the bug though :no: Its still cod that do it for me for some reason !!
    I know it gets boring jigging for mops off flamboro but what I really want to do is target the better ones on the inshore wrecks :yes: looks like that will have to wait until next summer now :sad:

Oh thanks for taking my fish home for your tea Iain !! Our lass is steaming :surprise: :surprise: she loves bass and I hav'nt got her any for ages !!

Only kidding mate :wink: :happy: I dont really like them much and at least I dont have to fillet them !!

Rob

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

glad to see you got out lads, well done rob on the fish, you'll have to have a trip up to runswick sometime for the pigs !

5. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done lads, the weather hasn't been kind to you yakkers this summer, but still you have managed to get fishing and catch some quality fish... :yes: finger crossed september brings some decent yakking weather for you..

6. robq

robq Rockling

Cheers Matty :happy: its a long hike for me up there but I would like to have a go sometime if we get a really good calm day

7. newdave

newdave Guest

couple more pictures of Rob trying out his next kayak :yes:

suites you sir :laugh:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. robq

robq Rockling

Good pics Dave :yes: was that before or after you went down like a ton of bricks :surprise: :surprise: :laugh: :laugh:

I really like the dorado and as much as I was trying to convince myself that I could not justify the expense I have already been checking reviews, prices etc etc :whatever: :whatever:
    I have just been discussing with our lass what a bargain they are at just under a grand :yes: :whistle: :whistle: she agrees and she says that I will have to wait until early next year though :canadian: :canadian:

I just hope that I can adapt to the seat shape ?? I must admit that it felt a bit alien and not the most comfortable for my back at 15 stone and 6ft tall. I think I will have a chat with simon about seat options maybe :yes: I think that it would be worth the trade off for the build quality, seaworthiness and extra speed they give you, especially if venturing further offshore

Anyone thinking about starting up yakking keep your eyes open as there may be a fully kitted prowler 4.5 elite going up for sale soon :yes:

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Good for you Rob, just mention my name when you place your order. . . :whistle: :cheesy:

10. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

The cheek of it :surprise: mention my name Rob, he's had enough already :butt:

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

You'll have to show me that price list you ve found Rob :canadian: :canadian:
    Keep the credit card bill hidden when you get one..lol

The Z1000 is deffo going up for sale next year when we get moved to the coast the yakking opportunities will increase so will be able to look at upgrading plus Kim wants a prowler 13..lol... :wink: :wink:

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Are you moving then Dave ?

13. robq

robq Rockling

ssshhhhhh :wink: :wink: :whistle: :whistle:

14. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hey I get a whole £1 off the price of mine for every one I sell ( dont ever say that Simon isn't generious) :laugh: . Only another 1498 units to shift and I'll have my kayak :sad:

15. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Yes Glenn, my house is going on the market this week,finally got the decorating done,then Kims next ,hoping to move to Hornsea before Christmas...we ve been thinking about it for the past year but fishing got in the way last winter...lol

At a push we are also considering just outside Bridlington,maybe Flamborough or nearby if we find the right house.

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Flamborough would be heaven. Ive fallen in love with the place but its over an hours drive from here :happy:

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just make sure it has a guest room Dave if you heading Flamboro way :cheesy:

18. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

To be honest Hornsea is our first choice as we would be by the sea but still only 20 mins from work.Brid is not top of the list but Flamborough or Bempton villages are close second,just would mean a bit more travelling to and from work.
    Fingers crossed the houses sell...should be ok where we are though still selling ok here.
    Guest room Ken ?...lol

19. robq

robq Rockling

The deed is done and the Dorado is ordered :yes: Cheers Iain !!

A nice MKII white hulled ,red decked one with a blue fishbox :happy:

My bank manager and missus wont be thanking you though mate :no:

That session on Saturday has turned out quite expensive now !! what with losing my fishbag inner then you robbing my fishbag outer and my 3 bass :surprise: :surprise: and now forking out for this thanks to you insisting I take your Dorado for a spin !!

A word of advice to any yakkers out there, DO NOT take the dorado for a spin unless you have the cash ( or credit card funds :whatever: ) to be able to purchase one !!

Rob

20. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well done mate, any idea on delivery?

So Iain has your fishbag too . . . he has mine as well :suspious: :wink: