1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

Had another bash tonight,me ,bri h, charlie pollock tryed another venue.
    the bass seem to be getting bigger,i got one first cast about 1 1/2 pound ;D
    then charlie got one about 2 pound.Bri h got nowt but i,m sure he,ll make up for it.
    Might have had a few more if it had been a smaller tide,couldent keep up with the ebbing tide.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice one Mike. :) :)

3. Baramundi Bob

Were you on rock or sand ?

4. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

We were at sandsend glen,the hole we were in ran half sand half rock.

5. Baramundi Bob

Nice one Mike. No codling in there then ?

6. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

I,ve lost interest in cod at this moment glen,i love bass ;D

7. Baramundi Bob

You've got the bug. I think a little venture around the corner would pay dividends Mike on a flooding tide. On the scars to the side of ninty cock - flooding tide. Just a hunch I have - remember Jungle and his brother ? Colins sister got a 7 pounder nearby last summer.

8. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i lost a cracker estimated at seven pound a couple of years ago from right in front of the big rock casting back towards bernies, i got it right to my feet and i could see the hook had just lipped it, i tried to use the wash to slide it between two rocks, but the wash quickly subsided, along with the fish, and the hook ended up in my waders :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

9. mww

mww Rockling

Had a schoolie one day in December - think it was the Cloughton match - from the Boiler Scaur. A really memorable day, not for the bass, but for the fact that I bust my SRX just as dark was coming in & things were looking good!!! Long walk back to the car, cursing eGreys very step!!!

Mart

10. cps

cps Rockling

remember it well , i thought you were being sporting and leaving me to catch all the fish at the best time of tide

11. Baramundi Bob

Is that Sandsend or Boulby Mart ?

12. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

yup ive cursed them for years, and i have never owned one of their rods, just had a cast with a mates new rod, tucked the lead and snapped it. two hours old :-[

13. mww

mww Rockling

Sandsend, BB. Well, nearer Goldsborough.

Lobbers, I maybe mentioned this before but I never got more than 5 trips out of either of the Greys rods that I owned, a Mk1 Apollo (horrible, horrible rod - well mine was!!), & the SRX (much nicer, shame they all went "pop"). Funnily enough, I've had 3 Greys fly rods, & had no bother with the skinny little things.....

Mart

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

How did you manage to snap em mart ?

15. mww

mww Rockling

Both casting.

The Apollo was going back anyway, as 2nd time out there was a small crack showing which followed the line of the carbon cloth near the tip - I'd contacted Greys & they'd told me to return it, but I needed it to fish a comp before i did - funnily enough it didn't break there, went about 6" below the spigot on the butt section.

SRX went about 18" from the tip, like most of them did - or at least that's what I heard!!

To be fair, Greys were very good about it - excellent customer service, but then again a cynic (who, me? :eek:) might say that they'd had plenty of practice.

Mart

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

My SRX tip went in the same place Mart down Cloughton. I loved that rod too. They sent me a new tip but I,d lost confidence in it by then and went back to a Zzippy.

17. Dav

Dav Rockling

Strange , was it the casting weight to much for the rod `s design , or just dodgy blanks ,,,i remember seeing pauls rod go ,(your ttr paul ) pulling into a snag :eek:, i couldnt beleive it ,, i dont understand it really , they surely must be bad blanks ,thats the only rod ive ever seen snap like that , except for john wilson , the man who grinds on me and who snaps rods for fun...

18. Baramundi Bob

Ive snapped a greys and Ive seen 2 penn noreaster rods snap. Dennis Thompson snapped his Noreaster down Hawsker. 2 matches left 4 pounds behind neil in the league. Strikes into a cracking bite and the rod snaps.

Shrugged his shoulders and started laughing.

I would have smashed the thing into a thousand pieces. He was cool as a cucumber.

19. richck

richck New Member

I snapped MK2 Greys Apollo first cast about 6 months ago. Was well p****d off! To there credit Greys did replace it ,but it doesnt really fill me with confidence. lucky i was only on Filey Brigg that day,and hadn't ventured too far

20. prof tench

prof tench Guest

Are these the new Greys from China that keep popping or the old UK originals, or both? Aren't they guaranteed for life, or something, must be costing them a few bob if they're that fragile? Shall stick to Zippy's, me thinks!

T