1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass pro shops

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by craig t, Sep 23, 2011.

1. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Off to Florida soon on our family holiday so of course will be paying a few visits to the mecca that is Bass pro.
    So am wondering if there any particuler goodies i should be on the look out for that are not available in good old blighty or anything that is a lot cheaper have looked on the website but am blinded by bling :canadian:.

2. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

bulk spools of mono, love that shop you can spend all day in there well we did

3. craig t

Know what you mean went three years back but i was doing a lot of shooting at the time so only paid the fishing lip service but for any hunter gatherer you walk around ina daze with a grin from ear to ear cant wait.

4. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

loads of good stuff you can spend hours in there everthing from boats to camo settees
    gortex clothing is really good stuff some of the reels are a little cheaper,diffrent names like the the penn 515 is called a penn squall stuff like that,hundreds of diffrent lures as they are big on lure fishing when i meen hundreds its no joke im talking 3-4 iles as big as tescos full of them jellyworms, bass plugs ect,last year i bought some berkerly floro line in 200 metre spools woked out about £4 each and some poloroid glasses also berkerly around £7
    and a couple of hats.you will love it dont take any credit cards or out like that cos its asking for trouble lol.or and they have resturant inside as well ENJOY! better than disany land :yes:

5. craig t

good job i slyed away £500 just for me then :laugh:

6. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

Nice to window shop in but certainly not the cheapest over there. You need to know your prices. Don't get suckered in or you will spend any savings made on genuine sale items like kids in a candy store.

e.g PowerPro® Braided Spectra® Fiber Micro Filament Line - 300 Yards 40lbs $29.99+tax

I paid $19.45 inc tax

7. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

awsome place m8 think i did a little wee in me pants wen i walked through the door :laugh: plenty of money and half a day shop till ya drop :yes: got some banging deals from wall mart on berkly stuff some cheaper than bass pro shop worth a look m8.

8. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

agree wall mart is cheaper but no way near as much stuff,think i had a slight dribble myself jase when looked through the door :surprise:

9. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

toatly jason no were near as much as bass pro shop but get some cheap deals. was dieing to av a go in the demo tank. like a little kid in willy wonkers chocolate factory :yes:

10. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

I was in Orlando 2 weeks ago, and visited the one at the north end of International Drive. Incredible store, spent a couple of hours in there just walking up and down the many aisles absorbing the multitude of tackle they have. Brought a load of shads, the shapes and styles of which i've yet to see anywhere in England.
    Coming to Whitby in 3 weeks time for a weekend on the charter boats, and will baptise some of my new lures and hopefully they will produce the goods!.