1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass lures - North East Bass Fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Dav, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

hahaha , narrows it down .... ;D

2. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Still up for a chuck down there in the summer then with a bucket of fresh peelers??

Are butterfish better than Live eels then? Cos I was getting a good number of eels in my pushnet last year and was gonna have a bash with them live hoping to pick up a few fish.

3. baza

baza New Member

ive never compared the two phil. i havnt fished with live sandeel before though no doubt they would fish well. i find catching enough butterfish and blennys easy enough and they keep in minimum water for ages, butterfish only need to be kept damp through a session. the big plus about using butterfish and blennys is that they cast well and stay alive. and im still up for the session down there, cant wait to get down there without a ton of gear on, im up at fast castle head on sunday if the weather stays calm, and st abbs last week so ravenscar should be a stroll in the park :p. the above pic looks very bassy if a little deep

4. cps

cps Rockling

best plug ? boat rapla magnum cd11 in mullot closley followed by rapla sliver in silver
    on shore is a bit harder but i like bommer long a in clear and black

[​IMG]

as for live sandeel all i'll say is hold on to your rod verry tight

5. baza

baza New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    hope these are different pics im hopeless at photo bucket, yozuri mag poppers 25g

6. baza

baza New Member

oh well i cant get both on same post heres another[​IMG]

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Those rocks look very white baza, you hav,nt been sneaking around here have you ;D

8. baza

baza New Member

wheres here ray?

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Due to netters I cannot answer that baza....Flam/Bempton ;D

10. baza

baza New Member

no matey its well north of there, ive not got that many pics cos most are released in the water or i forget to take the camera. ive got a few that give the game away though. they are locked away deep in my computer

11. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

you are not very discreet are you ray ???

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You try walking from Flam South landing to the end of Bempton Paul and you,ll see I wasn,t giving too much away :eek: ;)

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Good pics bazza..There lovely fish them bass, nice to see you let em go... ;)

14. baza

baza New Member

dont get me wrong dav, bass is my favorite meal, i might take one a week, on a good week i might catch 20

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

No matter how many times a week ure out plugging thats a lot of bass bud, jealous isnt in it mate ,,,,,i long for one on a plug ,or even a spinner...

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Very impressive baza :eek: whats your biggest to date?

17. baza

baza New Member

on bait(runnydown in december in a foot of water) nocking on 5lb, on a plug 4-5lb, i dont own scales. ive landed one that i got out of the water but lost it when it shook its head and smashed the lure (against some concrete somewhere), guestimated at 7lb im usually pretty good with weights. 20 in a week is easily possible, given the right conditions, the fish are usually 2-4lb and the odd bigger thrown in, my red letter day came when i got 12 in a couple of hours plugging.

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

what type of ground would you say was most productive - On Sand Or On Rock ?

19. baza

baza New Member

shallow rock with deeper drop offs and sand nearby

20. Dav

Dav Rockling

a majority of the bass ive had glen have been off a beach (somewere) ;D.. tryed abit last season around bazzas patch. with lures to no sucess , i think the keys locating were they are glen , once youve had one , they`l be like clockwork.. well not literally ,gives you a good idea though , and abit confidense, thats the trouble ive had with lures , havent had no fish on em yet so my confidence factor is abit low , i,ll be spying bazza shortly with me 10x40 `s,, ;D