1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass Fishing bass limits , petition

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by scrubbs, Jan 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

2. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

signed.
    cannot believe the madness of this subject.

Its just a cesspit of nonsense.

3. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Done. But not sure we will get 10,000 let alone 1,00.000. Hope I am wrong

4. the-yak-man

the-yak-man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Done mate ? you just can't get your head around this bollocks ! we get fined for a single bass until July ( then we can keep one after this ) yet the -10MT trawlers can catch 1.3 ton per month

5. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well I hope all those folk who've been campaigning are happy now they've fucked it up for anglers, plenty on here who've supported and posted in support of a ban on anglers take on bass, shame on all those who did

The thin end of the wedge was how I've been describing it for years and now those who say they speak on our behalf but are non elected nonentities think they've secured a result at massive cost to the recreational angler, won't be long now before a cod no take is discussed and proposed by non angling reps who speak for no one and represent even less and who would sell us down the river for their 5 minutes of fame

To say I'm not surprised at this particular outcome is a massive understatement

6. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

You've Had it coming years. Should have fed Leon Roskilly and his mates to the sharks whilst you still had chance. I have no sympathy for any of you. Far too late now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. esoxuk

esoxuk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm afraid its just another case of 'be careful what you wish for', this and various other campaigns will conspire to end sea fishing.
    We shall see more no fishing nursery areas, no fishing bird watching areas, no fishing sunbathing only areas and no fishing I'm a muppet get me out of here areas and when they join up we can start playing golf.

8. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What I still don't understand is , who police's it. Who is going to turn up at 3 o'clock in the morning down the gare with the greeting of.................
    " Your nicked son, that's a bass that is and you have to put it back, or get a fine"
    How is it even enforceable?

Are the fishing reports going to say " caught a few cod, oh and a bass .... but I put it back ;)o_O honest.
    Do competitions ban them 'cos you can't weigh them in? except catch, measure, photograph and release?

P.S just spent a couple of hours on saltburn pier 'cos Too dangerous down the gare .... Wild , Wet and without a bite:D hey ho, never mind. I did throw all the bass I caught back tho:p

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. glassback

glassback Blenny

i,m quite happy if it stops all the greedy tw''##ts who take every fish wether size or not .
    it is unfair on the anglers who are trying to do some thing about it ,as there,s only the comercials who do the most damage to fish stocks .
    if people continue to take every thing then ,and no fish get a chance to breed we will all be playing golf .

• Like Like x 1
  10. sideswipe

sideswipe Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

11. sideswipe

It's funny you always blame the commercial fishermen.i hope they go catch the lot of them.its was the commercial men who some of the no take zones.around the country.how many under 10m trawlers in Bridlington none all potters.scarborough 2 .whitby none .not forget the decommissioning so where's the trawlers.do you ever see commercial man going to a mp company about what a dum shore anger do for a living.mybe some of u lot want to to sea and see what the job in tales.at the end of the day the commercial fishermen have a license.perment n most all a living to make. so what dose the dummy shore or boat angler have.thats it nothing at all.so put up with it and shut about it.

12. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I think it's a case of having someone to blame. Now I can not say if that's right or wrong as I know very little about commercial fishing so won't comment on it. Just going back should discard not be felt with in full before a shore angler has to put a fish back! Just my opinion please don't shout at me lol

13. glassback

glassback Blenny

its because of all the fish a comercial can kill in one net compared to what 1 shore angler can kill .
    it doesnt matter if its bridlington or timbuck 2
    tackle shops also need to make a living ,no fish for rsa no tackle shops left .
    if all fishing was sustainable rod and line then comercial fishing would be better than kill all it gets in a net ..
    and moves on to another area .
    shut up about it lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. anth the angler

anth the angler Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Don't we just want sense from these people.
    I do more than 70mph sometimes, but so do lorries, I have caught less bass than points on my licence, I spend longer in my car than with rod in hand....so...... A new EU law.......
    If I catch any bass give a lorry driver 3 points on his licence and let me fish more than drive so I cure global warming and let's have no drive zones where people have to get out their cars and push.
    Sorted!
    Let's not get mad with each other lets just go mad.

15. robq

robq Rockling

Oh so because some fuckwit in power gives you a licence then its ok to rape the sea under the guise of making a living !

Look what the scallop dredgers are doing locally ! Smashing up the reefs and fish holding ground! is that ok because they have a licence ?

Those holderness beach nets will now take more bass in one tide than all the anglers in 2016 even if they go back dead

Learn to write and spell you thick cunt before you come on here spouting your tunnel vision bullshit :mad:

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. sideswipe

17. robq

robq Rockling

????????

18. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wish there was a 'snigger' icon. Enjoyed that.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

My take?
    I can live with the 'no take' till June, same as I can with salmon*
    I do take the occasional bass (2/18 last year) for a special dinner or if gilled, so won't affect me massively.

So, my feeling is these are measures that I hope will help stocks, and I welcome in the short term.

* - I admit I won't know quite what to do if I catch a bleeder before June, or after a keeper? Chucking back a no hoper will grate.

That said, WTF is it with these people that they allow the continuance of netting?!
    And, as Robq says, these damn scallop dredgers? Cannot be beyond the wit of man to scan the bed and only hoover up the sized scallops, if a robot can pull a potato off a conveyor and chop out an 'eye'?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ragworm

Ragworm Blenny

Count now up to 9500 will soon reach 10,000.

• Winner Winner x 1