1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass From Cowbar For Lobbers

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

After his run in with a big fish the other morning Lobbers returned to Cowbar cliffs to try reunite himself with the monster bass. Unfortunately the big fish didn't show but Paul managed to land 3, the biggest at 2 pounds. All fished were returned to the sea alive and well.

[​IMG]

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done Paul, there,s nothing like going fishing again to get something out of your system.

3. Baramundi Bob

On the night time of the same day that Paul lost his big fish there was a few good cod came out from the Sandsend area. Several fish to five pounds I heard.

4. Baramundi Bob

I am wondering if Lobbers fishes the most. I've never known anyone put so much time in and with such enthusiasm. Me and Paul started fishing around the same time and spent many hours on the same marks often staying out all night. Things changed for me and although I still love my fishing, 3 or 4 hours at a time is about enough for me. Lobbers still loves his fishing just the same as he did when I first met him, possibly even more now. Its great to see such enthusiasm and I think it must have a knock on effect on others ?.

5. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

well done lobbers - certainly helps make up for the other night - tried for a bass around holbeck thursday night, only a few chucks but no takes - never had bass there but its just out of my front door - pretty sure it will turn out a few good bass, shallow with loads of bladderwack and rich in crabs - will keep trying - as a matter of interest how do you return live fish up a cliff?

6. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

the one in the picture was'nt returnrd glen, thats my tea but the other two were lowered back down the cliff slightly hooked in the lip, fighting fit they got off. the one in the pic was unfortunately hooked in the gills, so it was rude not to reain it for my eating pleasure ;D, im off fishing now, going to fish the eastenders open, then i have a pegged club match tomorrow, then its northerlies next week, might try the car park ;D

7. Baramundi Bob

Will have to meet up this week Paul. Maybe upgang ??

8. Baramundi Bob

You put the weight spike gently through the gill and lower it down. Unless already injured they swim off everytime

9. Lobbers

just nicking them in the mouth with your hook works bettet from this hight, it's to easy for them to drop off a weight spike when they are lively, with a straight drop back down to the water, quite a fast drop can be used, they both came off as sooon as they landed ;)

10. chopper

chopper New Member

yeah glen,i had a couple of cod that night at sandsend-biggest 5lb.bri was fishing there also.

11. robq

robq Rockling

I tried the lightly hooked return technique from bempton last year with some decent wrasse, It is a matter of getting it just right as I ( and the poor wrasse ) found out several times !! I dont think many fish would survive a 300ft + free fall :eek: :eek: Maybe someone should invent a quick release, disposable, bio-degradable parachute system for returning unwanted fish when cliff fishing ? ;D ;D

Come on Ramrod you seem to like making stuff !!

12. Lobbers

pants for me in the eastenders, me mate dave a came 2nd though, he was first in the last one as well, you dont get many penn points for these matches, but the way my mate is going he will be catching me up :mad:

13. baza

baza New Member

well done on the bass paul, i wondered how you would return the little fellas. did you get my pm?

14. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Haha a parchute sounds good. Orr maybe wrap it up in some paper lol and tape the paper to a plastic bag and it will act as a parchute and as soon as it hits the bottom the paper will get wet and it will swim off ;D ;D

Dan

15. Lobbers

got message about two mins ago, i never look to see if i have msg's, would defo be up for a look out baza, a lot of my fishing during these months is spare of the moment though as was yesterday teatimes bass sesh, the sea is away next week, im going to meet up with glen one night, you are more than welcome to join us ;)

cheers to rest of lads who pm'd me, and no kit you will not be there for the next sesh, you need all the peeler you can get ;D

16. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Didn't see the pic of the bass at 1st. Nice on m8 nice fish.

Dan

17. Baramundi Bob

You might have a future as a Blue Peter presenter Dan. What an amazing idea !!! ;D ;D ;D

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Just goes to show ,boulby, cowbar area must be good for bass, was that ure second trip for bass from there paul ?

19. dbrown

dbrown Guest

And heres one i made earlier :[​IMG] haha all needed in this show is a plastic bag and some string.

Dan

20. Acko

Acko Rockling

Just going Back to What Glenn said at the top of this thread...
    I've been following Lobbers and Your succesfull fishing Paul
    I do admire you the time and the effort you put in I dont know anybody else Puts in the time and effort you do.
    You deserve the good fishing you get m8
    You did well getting 3 bass after you unfortunately lost the Biggun. Ive been trying to catch a Bass for 8 yrs now
    I havent even caught an undersize one. I was on Whitby West around 8 yrs ago and I saw a fella get an 8lber.
    Thats the first time I found out Bass existed. I been after one ever since.