1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Tags:
  1. young casper

young casper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi all im new to this site, im wondering what would be a good time of year to start bass fishing fom the shore, with lures?

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Its something I havent bothered with much myself but I would say from June onwards , July onwards would most likely be better once
    the bait fish start showing inshore

3. young casper

well i decided to go out to nite and give it a little go, after going throught the bass page all afternoon i went into the garage to see what i could use, had a load of pike lures and loads of red gils,, so off i went hada a canny nite fished an hour befor sundown ,, but no luck,,i also thought whilst i was out i would give the pllock a shot as well,, well i forgot to take hooks for red gills and the rubber eels i have,,bummer or what,,by the way im on the south tip of norway,, thanks for your reply big cliff

4. young casper

well had another trip out to nite for a hour befor last lite,, never caught any thing but i did pick up a shrimp on the lure,, so i think im on the rite track,,might be a tad early ,, but never now i mite pick up the odd sea trout,,

[​IMG]

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Young casper altho it is probs best from june onwards , your always in with a shout when your lines in the water plus youl learn althe marks alot more ready for when the fish do arrive . Like you say you may well pick up a seatrout as theyl be feeding and on them things youve just hooked . keep us informed of your exploits ...Good luck

6. backlash

backlash Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

earliest ive had one on a lure was first week in june, i'd say end of july to October is prime time, better off goin at them with bait before that

7. young casper

had another shot last nite, had a root through mw tackle and found some flys that looked like prawns, so had a hour with them then an hour with a lure,, still nothing, but i did bump into two guys who were out for the sea trout , didnt get to see what they were using as lure or bait as they wer farther along the beach from me ,,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is a pic of the place i tryed last night, its a big pool that holds a load of lug worm and also i found some shrimp as well,,

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Hello young Casper , i like the look of the area you are fishing over,
    when the bass do start to show that area of bladderwrack looks spot on for lure fishing ,

allso look for an area where there is plenty of tide pull, BUT stay SAFE :yes:
    we have had a lot of fish on the black eel,s at night ,

you may have seen my 13lb fish on the bass site ,it was caught with a black delta eel,
    when the fish are there it can be a deadly lure ,

keep at it younster and you will get your rewards :yes:

9. young casper

thanks harry i did see your pic,, i have just ordered a assortment of eels but forgot black,, oh well back to ebay, i picked up a trout bomb on so im getting one of me mates to make me some sand eel flys as well,,

10. young casper

little update,, i noticed on friday that the seagulls were falling out of the sky into the sea , so though there must be some small shoals of fish about,, then i seen a shoal under the road bridge just breaking the surface ,, the weathers been great and the water is getting warmer,, but am knackerd with the flu,,, :cry:

11. stiffmeister2

stiffmeister2 Hooked On Bass

Keep plugging away the fish will be there but maybe a little bit shy at the moment on the lures and plugs as I would not imagine that there will be many sprats about yet as that water is bloody cold still but a week of warmer weather will make all the difference to your fishing results. While your lure fishing why don't you just use some light beach tackle and throw a couple of 6inch rag worms out on a 2/0 pennel rig and if there are bass about in that area they will certainly take a rag worm bait. By the way where or what area are you fishing it looks very much where I go bass fishing in jersey same sort of inlets in to big pools with tons of lug and rag worm beds! So it looks lovely keep plodding along and I'm sure you will be rewarded. Have you seen the Henry Gillbey plugging for bass films on you tube yet? If not get on and have a look you will pick up some good little tips on how fast or slow you should fish different lures plugs and jelly worms and then buy his dvd like I did its very good. Hope this helps you and good luck :yes:

12. young casper

im on the south tip of norway stiffmeister,,loads of coast line like this only five mins from were i live,, :wink:

13. young casper

another update,,, been layed up with the flu for the week,, but managed a hour at last lite,
    got my first sea trout on a fly fished with a bombarda float with a 1.5mtr trace,

[​IMG]
    it was a small one abuot a 1lb, but im really chuffed with me first trout

then a few casts later picked up a nice cod around 2lb

[​IMG]
    then a few more casts and picked up another cod a bit bigger but frogot to take picture,,all and all a canny hour :wink:

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice one casper them are lovely fish . keep at it matey . Ive tried them bombarda floats around here mesell but had no success with them yet . the floats your using are they floaters ,intermediates or sinkers ? cheers

15. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice fish, and cod on the fly, yet more food for thought about this fishing lark!

Thanks for sharing!

Will

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

16. young casper

i used a intermediate dave,,,its the first time i have used them very good method to fish with,,having another go this afternoon, :wink:

17. young casper

well had two hours tonite,,nice sea trout

[​IMG]

and another two cod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well am hapy cathing these till the bass start showing,,mind you these were all caught in the flord just in front of me house :wink:

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

wow what a great topic, keep the updates coming mate I really enjoyed reading through that. Wish we could just go and catch fish as easy as this. I bet theres all sorts for you to catch over there.

19. young casper

aye bob im spoilt,, i can fish in front of my house and pick up sea trout and cod,,which i have neglected to do for the past 8 year,,and then i can shoot off to the beach about 5 min drive or if i want to do some course fishing there is a pond that nobody fishe's full of common carp,,but i have promised my self this year im going to go for the bass,,but this will keep my hand in till the water warms up a little,, :wink:

20. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

I don't know weather you remember stiffy, a good few years ago , me , you and mark d had 30 good sized bass between us on the owld shadraps in may, off that little hotspot we used to fish, we had a very early summer that year, we had mackerel off the south gare while we where trying out our new plugging gear and it was march, then the new plugging gear went into action off the other side a few weeks later and we nailed the bass.