1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass Fishing - Walking The Dog

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

What does - 'walking the dog' mean ??

2. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

3. IanB

IanB Blenny

There you go Glenn, next time you say to your lovely wife "i'm just walking the dog love" you can leave the growling black lab at home lol

4. Baramundi Bob

Our lass looks nothing like a black lab. She has the temperament of a pitbull though

5. Baramundi Bob

This is gonna work a treat next year Dan. Picture it now, dusk with all those fish boiling around us.

6. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats not how I walk the dog

Point your rod at your lure and wind in the slack and holding the rod parallell to the water strike down to your left whilst holding the reel handle and as you're lifting the rod after striking down, wind in the slack line that you've just created, tighten up and then repeat action, striking down to your right and repeating the action left right left right. How fast you do it is up to you and it feels a bit akward at first but you soon get in the groove, puts a lot more action into the lure than whats shown on the above video and it works with just about any lure except real light weight outfits and deep deep divers

If you try different retrieval and striking rates you can make the lure dance and swing violently get some real agressive takes as well

7. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

rapala have brought a new xrap sub walk out aswell this year. they looked awsome at the trade show.
    same idea but works just under the surface like a BW.

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

Man it looks so good it ought to be against the law........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yanks.... :crazy: :crazy:

Last time i walked the dog when bass fishing it ended up with a trip to the vets with a treble through its tongue.......... :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass: :whistle:

Will have to buy some of them me like.............. :whistle:

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Gary you have spent too much time with alan, his jokes are rubbing off on you!

10. GJW

GJW Rockling

Aww come on Matty it wasnt that bad was it... :confused: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: