1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass fishing.... Its that time again..

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, May 27, 2014.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well I love fishing for Bass during the summer and been itching to get out for awhile and chuck a few plugs.. Conditions have not been right so I thought I would have a go with some bait....

It was nice to be out fishing in a T shirt again and it was even better when the rod tip pulled over,, and next my first bass of the season was thrashing about in the surf, a couple more casts and bang the rod pulled down hard again and another Bass followed suit about the same size around 2lb, and just as I thought I had lost the water bang another Bass slightly bigger than the first two... I was a happy bunny.. :D

Next day I tried a different spot and to begin with it was slow, I had a small bite and was thinking to myself, maybe I should of went back to the same spot as the evening before.. Just as I was feeling like I was wasting my time and made the wrong choice, the rod was almost ripped from my grip which took me by surprise the line dropped slack and as I would in the slack nothing, I had missed it,... :-[ quickly I re baited and chucked in again and I got a bite, which this time I hooked, it turned out it was a small Schoolie about 1lb then a couple of more casts nothing and then bang rod pulled seaward and I struck into a nodding fish, got you this time I thought as it was thrashing in the shallow water, I must of been in two foot of water max, as soon as I hooked it it was thrashing the top of the water, carefully I slowly eased it towards me and soon I had my best of the season at 4lb 12oz at my feet..Whoop Whoop!...That's why I love fishing...... :D :D :D

Attached Files:

• Bass3.jpg
      Bass3.jpg
      File size:
      102.5 KB
      Views:
    • b5.jpg
      b5.jpg
      File size:
      71.3 KB
      Views:
    • b6.jpg
      b6.jpg
      File size:
      83.7 KB
      Views:
    • b7.jpg
      b7.jpg
      File size:
      163.4 KB
      Views:
    • Bass.jpg
      Bass.jpg
      File size:
      94.9 KB
      Views:
    • Bass2.jpg
      Bass2.jpg
      File size:
      56.6 KB
      Views:
  2. andym

andym Rockling

Brilliant report Gary top fishing!

3. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

nice one gaz, itching to get out myself

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Great News Garry, Im itching to get out myself, buts sadly Im off to Skye on Friday :-*

5. BeeceUK

BeeceUK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report and great fishing Gary, brilliant to see a few silver bars !!

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Once more a cracking report Gary , and that was a bit of good fishing on your behalf , a big well done

7. limpet

limpet Blenny

ace report and great fishing

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done mate

9. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Awesome stuff as usual Gary

10. Big Kev

Big Kev Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done, a good read that pal, thanks for taking the time to write it.

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Canny little session Garry and a good report as usual 8) bring it on .

12. glassback

glassback Blenny

well done gary a good session
    shame its crap seas again though

13. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Looking ok at moment Andy Friday and over weekend as the sea drops, might have a go myself with crab

nice fish Gary

14. congerball

congerball Blenny

Nice session there Gary. Good report as always.

15. glassback

glassback Blenny

yea it should be ok over weekend iain .
    lot of colour down this end though ,other marks may clear a bit quicker though .
    the only crabs i have are plastic ,but they dont half smell

16. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

Me and Owen will be having A look out on Sunday as he keeps asking me to take him fishing

17. glassback

glassback Blenny

18. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

I've got some peelers andy I will pm Glenn See if it's fishing in the river flatty bashing or I will take him plugging for bass

19. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking report n pics buddy,plenty dwn this way two :)