1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass Fishing At Night

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, May 10, 2012.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well with the new Bass season almost upon us, it had me thinking of the “Dark” side of bass lure fishing.

It will be around 3 years now since I was first introduced to fishing for bass with lures after dark.

At first I was very sceptical, It wasn’t the fact of fishing after dark, after all I have fished many years for Cod and other species after dark.

But fishing in the dead of night with lures for bass surely this wouldn’t work.. or would it.

I must admit to have been given some good information which gave me confidence to give it a go, although in my mind I was far from convinced after all how would a Bass see my lure.

Read More Here

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Fantastic read and very thought provoking, also some great fish and pics.

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Tis good fun, I fancy getting out on the kayak on a still night with the surface lures. Now that would be fun :yes:

4. newdave

newdave Guest

tried it Sam, although without the moon. not at all easy on a cloudy dark night with a small swell :no: oh & I also tried it from the shore & did catch some bass but miss judged the small pool which turned out to be 6ft deep :hurt:

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

A clear night would help but it'll be fun trying if nowt else. Sorry to say Dave I did laugh at the 6ft deep rock pool bit :laugh:

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Great read , it makes it all come flooding back, :yes:
    hope to have a sesssion end of the month ,

will keep you posted :yes:

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

been down that road myself , i have killed many a phone and camera in pursuit of the silver Bar.

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Then theres seatrout which manage to see small flies on the darkest of nights , the less the moon the better .. ... :scared: :cheesy:

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The thing is Glenn for me the fish dosent have to see the lure the lateral line on the fish is their eyes when its pitch black , pulses , twitches coming
    from the movement of the lure are like a magnet to them , also im of the opinion when a bouncey ball is used the disturbance the ball creates
    interest from the fish

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I would fully agree. We too often liken a fishes sensory system to our own. Its sense of smell, feel and what it sees has to be highly tuned, its life depends on it. If its getting hungry it cant just nip down morrisons for a can of tuna, it has to go out and hunt its tea down.