1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass Fishing Bass Challenge 2016

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bassman, Apr 3, 2016.

1. bassman

bassman Administrator

Any one fancy a forum bass challenge run between May and September this season

This is not a competition but a challenge , a bit of fun to encourage more reports and some interesting exchange of information and fishing adventures.Running between 1st may to 30st September inclusive for all forum members to take part in.

Rules..1 Open to all members of the forum

2. Catch a Bass of any size

3. Post your report in the main forum with a picture and one of the admin,s will add your catch to the challenge thread.

4. Open Boundaries

As there is a ban on keeping a bass it will be catch and release until the 30th June

Its then up to the individual if they wish to keep one fish per session from the 1st July,

Please remember to return all under size fish.

Good luck to all taking part

Bass Fishing Archives - Whitby Sea Fishing

bass fishing | Whitby Sea Anglers Forums

Livebaiting For Bass - Whitby Sea Fishing

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yeh, why not, won't be a full on serious attempt due to time constraints but it should be a bit of fun which is after all why we go fishing in the first place

• Like Like x 2
  3. bassman

bassman Administrator

Cheers Brian we could also split the comp into 2 categories Bait and lure any thoughts or just keep it a it is

4. brian carragher

Just a bit of fun, keep it as it is for me but if others want to change it then so be, I'll only be using lures but from a boat so kind of makes it hard for me to subdivide it too much

Lets see how much interest there is

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I will make an effort to contribute, time allowing and there is a couple of new marks i would like to try this year.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bassman

bassman Administrator

cheers m8

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bassman

bassman Administrator

Working on one of the big tackle companies to see if i can get a little sponsorship for the Bass challenge,

So come guys we need more members to commit to the challenge before they give me any sponsorship

• Like Like x 1
  9. glassback

glassback Blenny

hopefully i will allan

• Like Like x 1
  10. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

time permitting i will give it a go i always try to post something after a trip out

• Like Like x 1
  11. bassman

bassman Administrator

Cheers Andy

• Like Like x 1
  12. congerball

congerball Blenny

Sounds like a great idea. I'm in, can't wait to dust my gear down. I enjoy a good read with plenty of photos myself so I'll be doing several reports over the summer.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bassman

bassman Administrator

Ok lads i have managed to get sponsorship for the Bass challenge 2016 from Pure Sea Fishing

Exactly what it is i will not know until it arrives,

So come guys we need more members to commit to the challenge

• Like Like x 2
  14. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Had a word with Johnny Dennis today in scarboro and said he would post up his results.

15. bassman

bassman Administrator

ok guys we have a few members interested in the Bass Challenge will set it up to start on the 1st of May

16. brian carragher

Lets hope we get lucky with the weather then and have a decent period of settled fishable conditions

• Like Like x 2
  17. bassman

bassman Administrator

Bass Challenge kicks off this Sunday the 1st May, all we need is some good weather for a change

18. bassman

bassman Administrator

Kick off day to day for the Bass Challenge weather not too kind though, who will be the first to enter a bass ;)