1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass and Sea trout Cresswell..+ solid fibreglass.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by stik, Jun 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. stik

stik Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Repost as initial message did not appear for 5 days as under moderation .(hope this is ok). ..disappeared down the board !

Fishing for Bass last friday evening ,,not a sniff on lures .Cresswell Northumberland on the carrs, Great spot ..no Bass for me but 2 caught on rag in the surf around 40 yards out by bait angler just to my left..(using Rag exclusively) There were massive Sea Trout jumping right in front of me , 30 yards out. 6 bass caught by a chap 2 weeks back just to the left of the area we know as the Carrs ..real easy access just park at the Ice cream Parlour Cresswell village and hit the beach.. walk slightly north and head for the left side of the rocky - flat- outcrop facing Coquet Island thats were the Bass are kicking around ...If you fancy a trip up Send message and I will give you a call with details..

.Coquet Island is in full view.

Solid fibreglass?, Lads need help in locating.. hopefully solid fibreglass blanks ..Im on with an antenna project ..Radio Ham ...morse code and all that! and I am building a quad antenna ..the rods are to be used as spreaders The rods should be really almost unbendable ..a little give is ok and at least 3/4 of an inch in diameter ..1/2 might do if they are stiff.. solid would be favorite but real strong walled fibre glass would or might do ..carbon rods no good as it puts the resonance out.. ... The length I need is at least 13 feet long but i could join shorter rods at a push . any old solid rods laying around Lads ? or long poles?...any Ideas? Could also do with a Marine HF vertical ..cheers all.