1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass 9lb 7oz!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by rupert, Aug 8, 2009.

1. rupert

rupert Blenny

Thought you guys would like to see some photographs from yesterday afternoons bass fishing. It was taken from my friends’ boat in about 14’ of water and caught on an 11’ spinning rod, fishing live launce under a float. This was the biggest of nine fish we caught in the afternoon fishing 1 – 6pm.

As soon as it was hooked I knew it was different to the 2 and 3 pounders we had been catching up to then. No massive long runs but a very, very strong fish that kept close to the bottom for what felt like an eternity. I’d forgotten to bring my landing net (Doh…..) :embarrass: which posed a bit of a problem, but John skilfully picked it out of the water by the gills. :blindfold: :blindfold:

The bass weighed 9lb 7oz and is not only a new PB for me, but probably my bass of a lifetime from the Yorkshire coast. It just shows the fantastic potential we have for all sorts of specimen fish here.

[​IMG]

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

:surprise: 9lb plus bloomin great ,bring on the photo,s :canadian:

3. vtech

vtech Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That is awesome well done, a catch of a lifetime. :cool: :cool:

4. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

wow!! what a specimen...as long as its looked after,cant see why our bass fishing shouldnt rival that of the south coast in time..cant wait for the pics...very well done rupert

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Excellent result Rupert, hell of a Bass for the Yorkshire coast.

This is probably the best pic:

[​IMG]

6. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Fantastic fish mate.....

7. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

I bet you knew you had that on....!! Cracker

8. congerball

congerball Blenny

What a fish! Great catch. Well done :yes:

9. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Very well done Rupert, those big boys certainly are very powerful, the fight really is something special, much better than pollock in my opinion

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Ecelent photo ,it is a beauty :yes: i hope we can get one or two like that from the shore :happy:

11. Patterdale

Patterdale New Member

lovely fish

Well done

Doug

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Rupert another specimen to add to your list. Great to see mate Im pleased for you.

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thats a cracking fish rupert , just out of curiosity what depth were you fishing ure launce ? cheers .....and very well done ...

14. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

People travel miles to catch fish of that quality,and there they are right on our doorstep well done mate hope it's one of many.

15. bassman

bassman Administrator

Well done on your PB Rupert thats a fish of a life time, :happy: :happy: :happy:

16. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Rupert what an amazing fish, and very well deserved, know how much time you have spent in pursuit of those bass. Theres going to be a lot of very jealous kayakers out there at the mo :whistle: :cheesy:

Ken

17. robq

robq Rockling

Cracking fish and what a method to catch it on !!

well done :happy:

Rob

18. dean__bradley

dean__bradley Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

exrlant , thumbs up

19. rupert

rupert Blenny

Dav - You were asking about the depth. I fish a sliding float, so I can vary the depth, but for water in the 12' - 16' range I set my float stop knot at about 10' When the water is clear, bass (and pollock too) have no problem coming up in the water to take a bait. I've caught pollock in 30' of water with the float set at only half that depth.

20. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

holy sh#t.... :scare: bet you bricked it when you hooked into that beastie! crackin fish well done.