1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barbel Fishing.

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Website Reviews And Links' started by Davo, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Davo

Davo Rockling

For all the future Barbel anglers, here's a cracking website.

Please note, the angler who i said holds holds the record Sea Trout for the River Wear, and eventually got sick of catching Salmon and Sea trout, and who turned to Barbel fishing. I forgot to say, however, he now holds the River Wear Barbel record. The picture of this fish, is on this site.

http://www.barbel.co.uk/

Dave

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cheers for the site Dave, the current river record is one hell of a fish :cool: :surprise: very nice.

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Yeah it is Sam. Nigel is a brilliant angler, and so very helpful too. Last year he went over France for the Catfish, but he blanked. And yes, he never heard the last of it.

No here's something for you to think about. He went fishing down south for Blue Sharks, using nothing but Carp rods. Now imagine that! His philosophy is, the clutch is everything. Mind you, he did have miles of water to play them, but i didnt tell him that.

4. timbo007

timbo007 New Member

I use the Barbel site on a weekly basis and I find it very informative. I've made quiet a few friends of that site and try my hardest to join in at the annual fish-in's.

I mainly fish the Ure, Nidd and Swale but every year I like to travel and find a new river to fish. Websites like the Barbel site help me loads when approaching a river for the first time.

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

the rver swale at brompton is a good berbel river :wink:

6. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If amyone fancies catching fish raised on steroids then they should have a go a catching barbel the hardest fighting freshwater fish in the UK

Theres quite a few around in various local rivers and to catch a big one is something never forgotten, I'm often on the BFW boards on the Tees topics and spend a fair bit of time catching barbel which go into double figure weights

7. Davo

Davo Rockling

Didnt Durham Rangers give the lads some chew when they were fishing ban the bomb and a few other pools down there? Excellent shrimping pools through there :happy:

8. Davo

Davo Rockling

Its certainly a nice beat, but that wood on the Fellings side is bad to walk through :hurt: :laugh: