1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pint

Pint FluffChuckers Rule

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Around the corner of Band and onto "Lime Kilns" and Brewsters

[​IMG]

2. robq

robq Rockling

Nice looking ground there :yes: be a few nice redfish in there I bet !!

I fished it a long way back but found it a bit of a hike from chimney hole :crazy:

There must be an another easier way down there without the long walk or use of full abseil gear ??

3. Pint

Pint FluffChuckers Rule

Many years ago there used to be a rope above band and you had to descend over a massive rock jutting out. That has gone now. Some people used to put a rope down at "lime kilns" / cut off - Filey side of Brewsters, not sure if this still happens.

4. robq

robq Rockling

Cheers Pint :yes: I might take a look down there one day :happy:

5. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

we still put rope down at back of lime kiln but def not for the faint hearted. all fallen away near bottom. harness and ascending gear needed. but beats that long long long hike over them big big big rocks mate.
    pete

6. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Me and Mick Ellis used to absail straight off the top of Band next to the boiler at the bottom. Your right not for the faint hearted. 5 mins down, and about 15 mins up on an ascender.
    Cheers Col.

7. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

What mick could do that in 15mins his legs are as short as ramrods

8. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Mick was like a bloody mountain goat, always had trouble keeping up with him, and he is about 10 years older than me.
    Cheers Col.

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Know what you meen about older people climbing like the clappers, :yes:

i once saw whacker go up goldsbrough at the tunnell end like it was a mole hill,

it nearly killed me first time up there :wounded:
    and as for the younsters, when i go anwhare with Garry , i have to set off 30 mins before him ,and he still passes me up the climbs :hurt: :surprise: