1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baja Peninsular Mexico - A new spawney adventure happening now !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Spawney-Dave, Feb 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Spent today sorting camping and fishing gear, then watched at least a dozen videos on Utube to suss out the tactics for fishing Baja California. looks amazing and everything looks big 8) hope we can do it justice :p

We are flying to Mexico City next weekend, 2 night stopover then Internal flight to Loreto on the Baja Peninsular to prepare for a 10 day Sea Kayak Expedition, Marion was not too keen on the 9 nights without a shower so we have 10 days in swanky hotel to follow with lots of fishing I hope.

It seems we are not in the prime season except for yellowtail Amberjack which look pretty impressive, but with Marions luck we could have a striped Marlin on the spinning rod ;D.

http://www.howtocatchanyfish.com/california-yellowtail.html

http://www.seakayakbajamexico.com/

Reports to follow, will try to update my blog if I can ;)

http://travelwithado.blogspot.co.uk/

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Baja Peninsular Mexico - A new spawney adventure coming soon !!

Good luck Dave and Marion, have a great time.

3. andym

andym Rockling

Can't wait to read the report and see the pics think a lot of people target Threshers around that area that would be fun on light gear any Roosterfish there?

4. Baramundi Bob

Dave Barham And Jim Midgely say its awesome there. They said using poppers on the shor is a whole lot of fun.

5. Spawney-Dave

Roosters and jacks of the beach, snapper and all kinds of stuff from the rocks, then its offshore for various bluewater species. think I am packing 20kg of fishing gear & 3 kg allowance for cloths ;D
    we will be camping on islands and remote coastline on the kayak trip so I imagine there will be some good dawn & dusk plugging 8)

6. Baramundi Bob

Twat ;) ;D

7. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sounds an amazing adventure Dave very jealous somewhere ive always fancied

8. cps

cps Rockling

my thoughts as well

9. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

From what Ive seen on various progs on the box, Baja is every sea fishermans dream venue. Certainly one i would love to see one day (in my dreams maybe). I will await the Spawny reports in anticipation.

10. cps

cps Rockling

only a plane ride away john

11. Baramundi Bob

Have you been Chris ?

12. cps

cps Rockling

no looked at going to California when we went to Florida last back end but was a fair bit more coin so decided to go when we could leave the kids behind

13. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

That was my thinking maybe.

14. Howard

Howard Blenny

Good luck on the trip D. and M. Cannot wait for the pics. Take care. H.

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Looking forward to your report Dave, hope you get some truly memorable fish and fantastic memories...

16. Spawney-Dave

were off, 20kg of fishing/kayaking kit and some spare underwear ;D
    [​IMG]

17. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

Jealous much!! Enjoy bud ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

18. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Have fun (jealous :().

19. Spawney-Dave

So we have finally arrived in Loreto, no fish yet as we get over our jetlag but a great trip so far, we had an hour spinning off the pier this morning with no joy, but are hoping for better things tomorrow as we have booked a Panga(open boat) to go fishing for yellowtail.

The Mexicans are a very friendly people and we have already had great experience's.
    our trip started with a very nice flight with Air france to Mexico city, I was lucky enough to be able to cash in all my air miles and get 2 business class flights, Marion is partial to Champagne :D
    [​IMG]
    Its always interesting to see how the great circle routes used by the airlines takes a route you would never imagine as leaving Paris you head Just south of Iceland, over the southern Greenland and the Hudson bay seen below then down the states and gulf of Mexico.
    [​IMG]
    Arriving at 8pm we queued for an hour to get through immigration, finally arriving at our hotel about 10:00, just time to nip up the street and try a taco & beer :) before heading to bed. 7 varietys of chile sauce but no ketchup ;D
    [​IMG]
    Saturday was tourist day I Mexico city, we found the open top bus which is a jump on & off 1 ticket deal so really handy, I was amazed at the architecture certainly a beautiful centre, we really had to pick just one place to visit with such a small time available so it was the Museum of anthropology which is massive and contains some amazing examples of Mayan and other cultures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After 3 hours of culture I was at saturation point so we got back onto the bus and made our way back to the beer and Taco street again, we were delighted to be rescued by a really nice guy (thanks Ivan) who seeing our confusion explained Mexican food and how to eat it, we then shared a few more beers and an enjoyable afternoon until tiredness and beer finally sent us to our bed at about 6pm :p
    [​IMG]
    We had intended to go out again but somehow couldn't rise so that was it until our 5am wake up call to return to the airport for our flight to Loreto.