1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bait..... Collecting your own baits.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, Apr 27, 2010.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Top writeup as usual Garold......April 2010 .. :surprise: :surprise: :cheesy:

3. jody

jody New Member

Smashing report. I can see a family trip to the sea side coming this weekend :yes:

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Great write up Gary and very imformative, thanks for taking the time to do all that. I admit apart from digging for worms I don't do bait collecting, I know I should do but I guess I feel that the time I should be out bait collecting I'd rather be out on the kayak catching a lot more fish than I'd ever do in winter :cheesy: However I know I'll regret that way of thinking come winter time though.

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Thats fantastic gary. Thanks for putting that up.

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

great write up Gary :yes:

7. IanB

IanB Blenny

Great write up Gary, i'm sure it will inspire the young-uns into "doing it properly", I remember years ago thinking i would make life easy and sent for a load of "Devon peelers" (several hundred) and they were the biggest load of rubbish I have every had the pleasure of paying for!
    As i've always maintained "you cant beat a bit of fresh"!
    I remember fishing a match at whitby, there was only 3 of us with peeler, us three had a bag full of fish each (i'm talking 19, 21 & 22 ) and the rest of them only had odd fish - that can be the difference cant it.
    Unfortunately i cant collect my own now but would if i could, well done Gary! Ian

8. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

excellent information there gary well done

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A top class report Gary showing how to do it properly, as you have said in the past the importance of top quality bait ----- the it will do attitude
    will catch people out in the long term. as will leaving the bait out to long , topping it up etc, plus having that top quality bait in the water all of the time, that means reeling in, uncliping the old trace, straight on with the pre baited one and back into the sea within seconds , in the long
    term it makes a big difference :yes: :yes:

10. fishermanbob

fishermanbob Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

great report that gary, great pictures but were round here is the best place to go and collect the little beauties or is that asking a bit to much ?

11. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Very helpfull Gary thanks for taking the time to post I will no what to look for now cheers chris

12. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Fantastic post Gary. Thanks for putting it together.

13. bullfish

bullfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

exalent post will be having look this weekend

14. Fishaman07

Fishaman07 New Member

Superb Guide/post,well done. :happy:

15. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, great post that gary well done mate

16. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Once again one of the most knowledgable anglers on the site takes the time and effort to provide some top quality info. Thanks Gary, much appreciated. :cool:

17. pouncer

pouncer Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report gary as always. Time to get some in

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Nice one Gary, sometimes you assume that everyone knows certain things but of course that is not the case. I,m sure that will help many. Are you sure you got your dates right? :surprise: :whistle:

19. goaty

goaty Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some great info there, thanks for explaining how to get them ready!

g.

20. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

top info there garry- i remember when you were an up and coming young rod in our club and mustard keen to compete with the more experienced club members- i think you've passed most of em in a short space of time-even got one or two tips of you myself-ideal post for the less experienced anglers on this forum - tight lines.