1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bag Limits and Licences - An RSA Strategy Update

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Arthur and Marthur, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Extract from :

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Political-News/RSA_Strategy_Next_Steps.html

At a meeting in London Today (15th February) RSA representatives met with DEFRA, and other stakeholders comprising the RSA Sub Group of DEFRA's Inshore Working Group, to discuss feedback to the previous draft of the RSA Strategy Document.

At times the meeting bordered on becoming fractious over some of the more contentious issues, but always remained civil and constructive.

DEFRA will now take on board today's discussions, and the feedback received from a number of organisations on the early draft document, and redraft the document in time for it to be presented to the Inshore Working Group meeting on 23rd March.

If the draft is accepted by the Inshore Working Group, it is intended that the strategy be widely distributed in the early Summer, at the beginning of a three month consultation period when individuals and organisations will be invited to submit their comments.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Currently trying to get hold of some info from the meeting but everyone seems tight lipped. I know from the forum log that those able to answer my requests have read this topic.

I have also emailed DEFRA and MFA to try find out more under the freedom of information act.

For some reason I get the feeling things are being done in secrecy yet again and this isn't good enough.

3. Doc

Doc New Member

Hope you don't include me in that Glenn, I wasn't there so know as much as everyone else!!!

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

HI Nigel,

No I don't include you in that. I know personally that throughout the whole process of this matter you have been up front (remember it is me who has put the info up that you have sent) and I was informed that at the last meeting you were the only person to point out the short comings of the strategy whilst Mr Ferre cornered a defra rep and told him the nfsa members were happy with bag limits and licences