1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad week of fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mad mick, Feb 5, 2012.

1. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sunday night mucky bay horden = forgot waders and broke my head lamp :cry:

monday night mucky bay horden = 1 bite

tuesday night rat house sunderland= slack line bite while sorting out a birdnest :sad:

wednesday night south shields pier south shields= dropped a fish off about 30 yards out :angry:

thursday night beach road horden = 1 whiting :happy:

saturday night middleton pier hartlepool = 3 whiting all around 1.5lb :whistle: :happy: :happy: was cold like lads

hope this week will see more fish :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

mick

2. halfprice

halfprice Owt For Nowt

hard luck mate
    you know what the problem is !!!!!!
    you need to go out 7 days a week :canadian: :canadian: :canadian: :canadian: :canadian: :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

3. mad mick

could not make it friday night due to picking up my kids. me mam had them lastnight so i could get out. tonight am f=\#;d :sleepy: :tired: :sleepy:

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Hard luck Mick, there's always next time :wink:

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

suggest you dont bother with the lottery ticket
    but he who does not try gets nowt
    well done on the whiteys

6. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Unlucky Mick but god does love a trier and you will be rewarded.

7. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

You sure did try last week then Mick it seams to have gone very quit along ar stretch of coast line.
    Better luck this week Mick I might get out a couple of nights me self if things pick up abit.

8. DiverDavie

DiverDavie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

keep ya chin up mate we will do better this week!

9. mad mick

davie my chin never drops mate. I never get sick of fishing or tryin to catch them. Just look at what i did new year! Most ppl would have givin up after the 1st ten hours of fishing with out a fish. Not this kid, i dnt get sick i just get more exhited when i do get a fish.

10. DiverDavie

DiverDavie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thats the spirit lad!

11. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

good try mick , :yes: you deserve better for your effort :yes: :yes: but now will you believe me... wind from the east fish bite least..... :wink: and then on top of block tides... :cry: those conditions = poor fishing....

i just wish i had your enthusiasm mate... i know you just love being out there... you will get a double eventually... even if i am sitting at home ..i will know cos i will probably hear you screaming :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

keep at it mick
    cheers
    Paul

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

Do you ever fish off the heugh mick ? There used to be always a codling show up on that corner ...never fished it for years , can you still get on the end ?

13. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i think me and mick should have an all nighter on the heugh when i get paid off from the redcar blast, as you say dav the heugh allways throws a codling or two, and can be a very good mark for spring cod. allways good for my fav eating dab :hungry:
    im talking a marathon sesh here you mad bugger, and we could talk total sea fishing :yes:
    cos i used to be as mad as you mick, i sat on the heugh all night once when i was on dole , catching whitey and beloved dabs, daylight came and the bites slowed, i was sat on me box next to the iron ladder(witch is now gone into the sea years ago) , almost falling asleep after 16 or 17 hours fishing, my rod tip did something different, it went straight, witch caught my eye, and my line dropped, it was on my 10 foot fixed spool set up too(crap gear), before i could get hold of the wand, it was off like a steam train, luckily for me round to the right of the end of the heugh, i dragged it like a plaggy bag in the tide up to the steps and walked down and gilled it myself,, my first big cod, drove as fast as i could to skelton and to my fav tackle shop of the time george bunnings ov skelton and he weighed it at 8lb 10 oz, a new pb, after a 5lb'er from saltburn pier. i bust my pb two years later off whitby west when i was 22 with a 10lb 4oz beuty in a big north sea back end of may :yes: i waited hours untill i could walk down the main drag to whitby tackle shop and have it weighed, ihad a full english in bill's greasy spoon then took it in, they had scales on the sealing, the bloke said 10lb 40z, well i danced back to me car,and buzzed all the way home.
    moral of storey is keep being as mad mick keen as iwas mick and you wont fall off later in your fishing career, im not as mad keen as i was back then, but im colld turkey as i write , i hav'nt been for over two weeks :wounded: :wounded:

14. mad mick

yeah paul am up for that mate. What i think about fishing is you only get out of it what you put into it.like everythink. Off to fish my local beach 2night with davie in search of a pig! You can still get on the huegh but have to climb 2fences. I know a lovely hole half way along the pier most ppl walk passed it. Now then Sage mate you out 2night? Horden water hole???