1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B.O.C pond

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mozzer, Jun 24, 2012.

1. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

There is a small pond near BOC teesport has anyone fished it and if so whats in it?

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Big carp and it does get fished

3. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

We used to see plenty of anglers on the pond on our way to conect up the boats at teesdock.

not sure if it was actually BOC club at the time (80,s)

Nice to know its still there.

4. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Brian are you sure ?. The pond USED to be excellent and ran by an angling club. I had a look at it last summer (2011)and it had been drained and was pretty decrepit looking, though there was still water in it. I would be very suprised if it still held any decent fish in fact it looked like it had no life whatsoever to me.

5. brian carragher

If we're talking about the same pond then yes its got fish in and still getting fished but not by an angling club

Down the Tees Dock rd, turn right and along to the fork in the road, hang a right and the ponds on your left, is this the same one?

6. andym

andym Rockling

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=54.596577,-1.140143&spn=0.005314,0.016512&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=54.596577,-1.140143&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=po-36286484

This is the one I drive past it most days but haven't seen anyone fishing but it is normally before 6am

7. brian carragher

Thats the one

8. foo

Yes thats the pond in question allright. It looked nothing like that last year Im afraid, wonder how old the google image is ?
    I hope it has been returned to its old self as there was some very large fish in there at one point. I was part of the concrete gang that laid the RO-RO Terminal to the left of the pond in the 90's and we watched anglers catch specimen fish in there regularly.

9. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Is it 'Tees Dock Pond'?
    I won a match there in my younger days with a single roach weighing half an ounce!

I did see a 15lb carp come out but it was hard going.

10. foo

Yes Faulkus it was aka Tees dock pond before the new road went in.

11. Ged

Ged New Member

The original Dockers pond was a bit north of the current one, where the new road is, and probably about six times the size. I remember fishing it a couple of times in the late 70's as a guest of a member, and catching loads of little tench. A few years later the carp had taken over, it was rumoured a number of them made the trip to Hemlington lake.
    The current pond is owned by THPA and officially there is no fishing, but I've spoken to a couple of anglers down there and the security guards have turned a blind eye, others have been turfed off. Suppose it depends who's on duty. There were definetely carp in there a couple of years ago, but don't know what's happened since then.

12. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yes thats the same pond we used to pass & see anglers using it.

The old Shell tanker filling depot & nissan car storage depot used to be to the left side of the pond in the early 80,s.

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

A mate of mine has just posted a couple of carp pics on facebook he caught here , it was him who i used to fish it with as kids with home made boilies haha . a couple of years ago i went looking for the pond again and assumed it had been filled in as were i thought it was was just a big open plain of doggy do doe i seem to remember asking on here if anybody knew of it . now i know i must of been looking in the right place , if only ide gone a few hundred yards i may of found it :cheesy: :cheesy:.
    ill have to ask him if he had any bother fishing it ...its a handy little spot to take the bairn for a hour o used to know it as dockers pond .there was suposed to of been some big carp in there

14. fortymick

fortymick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ive fished it few times this year and theres still plenty of fish in there, mainly roach but some nice ones the odd tench and some big carp, when ive fished it the security gaurds have popped to see me but where spot on more for a chinwag really as one of them is a angler and just likes to see if your catching, i think as long as your quite and not making a mess and so on there fine, i just tell them i work at the tesco depot which i did the first time i fished in fact thats how i came to fish it i kept passing it and wondering if their was life in it....and yep there is :wink: