1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Tackle Avet Reels - Local Service Please ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Glenn Kilpatrick, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Is there anybody local that can service/repair Avet reels? I've had an SXJ single speed for a while and it is super easy to strip and service but I've just bought a second hand SX Raptor (cheap thankfully) and there is quite a bit of play in the handle.

It also feels like a bag of spanners if I tighten up the drag. I could be wrong but I think a new pinion bearing will sort the latter? The play in the handle is a mystery.

It's nothing to do with the anti reverse mechanism. It seems to be coming from the drive shaft/high and low gear assembly but that is the one part of the reel I'm struggling to get apart. Any help or recommendations of a person that could fix the reel would be greatly appreciated.

Question From Facebook Here.

2. SteveLee

SteveLee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Glen.

I post my Avet raptors & 2 speed accurates for an annual service to Ron at info@unit5reelservice.co.uk. He is down on the south coast.
    I was put onto him by lads on the World sea fishing forum.

Steve.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Cheers Steve.

4. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

for servicing i use the guy at redcar angling always been good for me