1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Has Avanti gone,? doesn't seem to be on the list of charter boats?

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yes mate i beleive it has .... last time i spoke to mick he had a buyer for her and he is moving on to different projects.
    i am sure mick will be missed by the many friends he has made in whitby with his likeable character.
    He is a great beleiver in living your life and fulfilling dreams.
    He has changed his name to tong ting and is going to live in thailand as a ladyboy and couldnt keep the boat on because it plays havoc when he gets his hair nd nails done:p

3. scrubbs

Damn, I had just filled my loyalty card :D

Oh well , Mac will get more gardening done then :)

4. mick48

mick48 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

PMSL @ Perry what you like your only jealous

5. E.F.C. FOREVER

I aint he insists on a perm dunt he .....

6. scrubbs

do we know if the new owner will be chartering it? and where from? or is it heading out of town?

7. E.F.C. FOREVER

She is heard to scotland i beleive mate

8. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

I think he said it will be off to galloway, the new owner has a hotel and will be looking at chartering.

Mick will be missed by all of us, and we all wish him the very best for the future,

9. MrQuint

MrQuint Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I am sure Mick won't mind me adding a few words.
    My first ever sea fishing trip was with Mick on Sea Urchin 1.I had never sea fished and all I did was work so sea fishing became the new hobby,suffice to say it is now an obsession.
    First trip Friday July 25th 2008- 6 codling 3 hour trip.To coin a phrase I was "hooked".
    Since that initial foray we progressed to Sea Urchin 2 and then Avante.One aspect remained consistent Mick and Mac's amiable bon ami made the experience a fulfilling one.
    My mate Dave and I progressed to owning our own boat which is in constant use and I think it is fair to say that Mick and the other skippers have provided good advice which has been well heeded.
    So, I for one wish Mick every success and happiness in whatever Thailand has to offer!
    Good luck Mick.

All the best

Karl.