1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing Are there any fish out there to be caught?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bobthedog, Apr 1, 2017.

1. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Looking out to sea from the whale bones it looked like there were a number of boats out fishing, does anyone know if they caught? I ask this as I haven't seen any posts this year regarding boats uptiding. After last years disappointing season I'm itching to get my boat out again but I'd like to know if there are any fish to catch.

2. Zetland

Zetland Blenny

I caught a Dab off Redcar last Sunday.:(

3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

caught 2 dab of saltburn pier tonight

4. basha

basha Blenny

i called down redcar to see me mate simmo fishing redcar ramp yesterday,not a sniff.even the crabs were on vacation.
    was like a duck pond could have fished it with a 2bb crystal waggler........roll on the west coast,cant come fast enough.

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Hopefully give the sib a run out next week if the sea plays ball.

6. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

might be doing the same Dave, need to blast some rust off

7. brian carragher

Launching this coming Saturday, going to have a good look around and see if we can click a couple, still only early but the plastic fish need a swim

8. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Best of luck Bri let us know how you get on. Sounds like there's plenty of the green stuff about from the whitby festival reports.

9. brian carragher

Will do Trev, good or bad I'll put something on this topic after I've been

10. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Been a few thornies caught off Saltburn might be worth a bash if the cod arnt playing.

11. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

plastic fish need a swim,

Bri, andy had 11 cod to shads last sat, fishing near mske bouy.

recent info (last 2 days netting wed/thurs) silent 1 had zilch.

best of luck (if you get out)

12. brian carragher

Alright Bry, spoke to Andy the other day, all his fish came to shads, bait never saw a fish, he said he kept 8 of different sizes, Rod Hunt was also fishing last Sat with bait, (hes a bait only boat) and he never had a fish

13. bengunn426

bengunn426 Blenny

aye aye captan carragher al be following you soon , moving house at moment ,cant wait to get out , hope its good for you , keith ,topaz

14. Chalazan9

Chalazan9 New Member

Bri, andy had 11 cod to shads goldenslot last sat, fishing near mske bouy.