1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are There Any Congers Off Our Coast?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by brian carragher, Feb 18, 2018.

1. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Might have to make some inquiries to see if its worth putting a conger trip together, theres some interest here already but ideally we need 8 aboard as a minimum and really no more than 10

2. brian carragher

If anyones interested in having a go, stick something up and lets see how much interest there is , remember though, we're more likely to fail than succeed as the odds are against us, but wouldnt it be nice to be the first to crack it

3. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

how many takers are there? would a saturday be best or weekday? any preferable dates? Im good to go anytime (probably :))

4. brian carragher

Wouldnt seem to be that many interested apart from the few of us thats already replied

Might still ring Rich and have a chat about costs etc for the boat for a day just to see how it would work with 8 or so aboard

5. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Rich might put it on his facebook page like he does with his night uptiding trips. to see if that gwts any interest.

6. wilky

wilky Blenny

Time is an issue for me and I am not local but I am potentially interested in such a trip - not specifically for the conger but to see what else we could tempt on big baits nailed to the deck around a wreck or two. I suspect there could be surprises. Rich has my number.

7. Studenttom

Studenttom Blenny

If this trip for conger goes ahead I would be up for it if a place was available. I spoke to Rich about this over winter but my issue was gathering enough anglers to make it viable.