1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arbroath trip

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Boro5707, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Quick report from a few days in Arbroath area. Wednesday till Thursday night. 4 of us went up in 2 cars but by the evening on the first night one of the lads had to shoot off and we managed to squeeze the 3 of us in one car. Anyhow, arriving to a huge sea, we where limited where to fish. Both cars met up at Arbroath pier, looking at the big s/e sea we decided to give it a go. First cast Keith was into a fish and we were expectin to bag up. Sadly after a few casts it wasn't to be and we decided to move on and have a look about. After a drive from Arbroath to Gourdon, stopping off at marks on the way. We decided to have a few casts at the later that produced a few fish on the ebb. Anyhow back down to Arbroath pier and a good decision. We managed 26 fish to 8lb 4oz in 4 hours. It was a bite a cast and most fish the 2 to 5lb stamp. Arran managed the numbers of fish, Keith the best stamp of fish and me the 2 biggest two on the night 6lb 6oz and 8lb 4oz. Next day we managed a few from various marks. Overall we managed about 40 fish over 48 hours. Top trip. Pics courtesy of Keith.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Top report there, quality haul of fish

3. Boro5707

4. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done lads and impressive haul of fish... Sometimes it can be difficult if the sea is to big up there and the picking the right venue for success is a must. Looks like you guys managed it no problems. Top fishing.

5. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report enjoyed the read and quality fish.

6. limpet

limpet Blenny

cracking result in the end lads well done

7. TheNorthSea

TheNorthSea Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

niceone,top report and pictures

8. Misso

Misso Blenny

Great read me and my old man and a couple of others are off there 19th February for long weekend can't wait now I have read your report

9. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I didnt know u were a shore fishermen lee ??

10. Misso

Misso Blenny

Mate grew up shore fishing lost it when I moved to midlands 16 years ago thing is just as good at shore than I am on the boats...........................crap

11. bow1

bow1 Rockling

That looks an angry sea hitting the jetty.ive fished it like that and its naughty!!!
    Echo gjw comment bout right venue.i aint got it sussed.yet!!!!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

12. Boro5707

Cheers for the comments lads. Sea was about massive and also big tides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk