1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arbroath 6th - 10th november

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by brocky, Nov 14, 2011.

1. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

sorry about the late report but just got back from a couple of days fishing at arbroath, this time i went with my dad (brocksta), john (39john3939), rob (bobby), danny and parky. We all set off from our houses at 7.45am on sunday morning, some of us abit later as we never got in until 2.40am that morning lol :embarrass: we all met at the berwick macdonalds for a brekky and to meet everyone, as i was the new member to the squad :canadian:, well after a long drive up there we finally got to our cottage on the outskirts of arbroath, set in a very scenic area. After a quick sort out of clothes and fishing gear bait etc.... we all decided to have a run into arbroath to get the luxurys (beers etc..) :crazy: then it was home for a quick bite to eat and straight out on the search of the illusive cod :sad: we opted for usan after a long debate, and sure was the wrong one, we caught 6 cod between us most only a pound.
    So it was home and bed ready for some more fishing the next day, we all managed to get up for 8 ready to set off at 9, after a disappointing first day again looking at the map which alan had took alot of time going through with me the friday before, we decided to try ethie me and danny tried the cliffs, with plenty of bites but nothing to show for them, accept dropping one off around the 9+lb mark, my dad and parky opted to go off the rocks near the sheds down the bottom with nothing but some little touches, parky then moved just to our left on a little outcrop as the tide was ebbing and had 4 biggest 7lb.
    [​IMG]
    parkys bag of fish
    [​IMG]
    parkys best fish of the day

then it was home for dinner then back out to viccy park on the flood, we opted for needle eye resulting in 2 fish for me biggest bout 4lb and losing a few fish, yet again we had another move were we went back to ethie and fished parkys peak resulting in 4 mops and dropped off one around 5/6lb mark. after all that we went home ready again for a early start tues morning, the next day we went to bodding to try and seek out some fish, me and parky got dropped off at the top of the track and walked to our right to try afew new marks resulting in nothing and the other lads getting a few bites and john catching a 5lb 14oz cod, so it was straight to another mark which was rumness were me and parky got a mop a piece and i caught a conger around the 4lb mark,
    [​IMG]
    we then headed to east haven were there was plenty of bites but no-one could hit them, parky then found fish 4 fish for around 24lb and i got one about 3/4lb.
    [​IMG]
    our bag of fish
    [​IMG]

As east haven fished the best out of the marks we had tried, we got up the next morning at 4'o'clock after getting to bed at 1.30/2am lol which was a good move as rob got his pb of 7lb 11oz well done rob :yes: and another 5lb + there were the only fish that came out that morning, so it was home to sort our gear out bedd for a hour and back out, my dad and john were already out fishing at bodding and came back with what they went with lol absolute bugger all :whatever: when rob and parky decided to get up we all headed to viccy park resulting in no fish again, so we then went back to try ethie for one final go as the sea was building, first cast for danny resulted in a 8lb 9oz cod,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    well done danny :yes:
    [​IMG]
    rob and dannys bag from that day

well it was the last night to get fish so we headed back to east haven were parky got another 4, my dad catch 2 and rob lost a monster on the beach :wounded: which resulted in a snapped rod.

sorry about this report it's all a memory thing as i cant remeber much,
    but the most of all i'll like to thank alan and gary for putting us on fish, and pointing us all in the right direction, these two guys have alot of time for people who want to learn, well they've certainly showed me alot of things in the past, cheers lads :yes:

and thanks to the lads i went with what a great time i had with plenty of laughs even if the fishing was doggy do.

thanks once again lee

2. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, welldone lee sounds like you all enjoyed it. great report with good pics, some nice fish there mate

3. parko60

parko60 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report Lee. We will get the double,s next year mate :yes:

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Great report Lee and loving the pics. Well done mate, excellent

5. bobby

bobby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fantastic couple of days lee bring on next year :yes: great report mate.

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I really enjoyed your report Lee and some lovelly fish there , I hope you left some fish at the Ethie Cliff mark , the thing is its a big learning curve , I wish Id gone there , I should have moved to ? as I have said before on several occasions its not just a matter of going
    to Arbroath and the fish climb into your bag , when you are up there you are in a region that CAN give you superb fishing with a bit of
    good judgement and a spot of luck but its a big topic , what you can say is ---- its odds on you would have not done as well locally , look
    at yesterdays Whitby results , there was one cod taken between Hummersea and Cowbar in 6 hours of angling and there was some top
    rods in that area , so you didnt do to bad Lee , well done to you all

7. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sound like you had a cracking few days great report lee..least you found some nice fish shame you didnt manage a pig, theres always next year mate

8. finch

finch Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report lee, Yes the fishing was hard at times but the crack made the trip for me. Massive thanks to alan and gary for there valuble info which put us on the fish

Danny

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Brilliant report Lee . shame the fishing wasnt at its best , sounds like yous made the most of it tho and had a cracking time with a few fish to boot ..Well done matey...

10. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Nice report Lee,I see you managed the regulation Scottish conger :evil:
    I said to Rob it would be like you to pull out a decent bass too.

At least you finished up with some decent fish between you and it sounds like you had a great time and probably gained quite a bit of knowledge for next time.

11. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done Lee on a smashing report, a few pictures make a report so much better. I know often its a pain to get the camera out especially when your trying to fish yourself so thanks for taking the time.

Well done to all the lads you had some nice fish, like Alan said the fishing hasn't been great back here, as Sundays Whitby open results show. I know when you book a trip away you cant always guarantee lots of fish, but the main thing is its a break and your with good pals and you enjoy the fishing and that's what its all about.

12. 39john3939

39john3939 Blenny

Good report Lee,glad you enjoyed the trip mate we certainly had a good laugh if not loads of fish main thing is you enjoyed the craic in good company ps you forgot to mention your dads ballan wrasse?????????(well its beyond belief).Thanks again to Alan and gary with some valuable info.Cheers John.

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done Lee, and to your squad of enthusiastic mates,
    Good report and pics, you got one or two canny cod for your troubles,

Nice to see a few new faces in the photo,s as well,
    I hope to have a run up there very soon myself ,

once again well done to all. :cool:

PS did you make them a lassagne :whistle:

14. bobby

ha ha ha ha wrasse just fell off the chair remembering that and to think theres a rumour going round abroath now from the local who said 'wonders never cease' total classic john :suspious: :crazy:

15. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

are you camera shy rob???

16. brocksta

brocksta Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yes great trip to arbroath,didn,t see many pictures of robs shoulder of lamb and his chops :laugh:.well done lee you out did me son with cod,but remember i was speciman hunting up there :laugh: :laugh:.
    A big thankyou to Gary and Alan for the time and effort you put in gaining us more locations and when to fish
    the tide.
    Cheers Lee,s dad

17. bobby

not at all mate just the cameras dont normaly work after theyve took a picture of me :no: i have a picture on my phone but wouldnt have a clue where to start putting it on here and my phones the old building brick type.

18. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

the one time i didn't take it out the car is when rob snatched a couple of fish

lee

19. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A friend has just returned from Arbroath and had some really good catches in one session at Usan he had 9 cod in nine casts , it dosent
    get much better than that , I only wished we were doing the same down here

20. bobby

Thanks very much alan and gary for your help whilst we were there its very much appreciated by all of us :happy: im looking forward to andys thread on here with his 9 fish in 9 cast whilst in abroath with col in the campervan! going to be good reading.