1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone tried these shads spawney bought some new shads and gave me a couple

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Welsh wizard, Jun 14, 2013.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Anyone tried these shads spawney bought some new shads and gave me a couple

Mad as a box of frogs!

Class! Really good Craic this weekend :yes:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Its been fun and nice to see everyone. Ive really enjoyed it,

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: the fishing was good but the craic was better great to see all the lads there.

4. Baramundi Bob

Del and Rodders Are Knocking them Out

[​IMG]

5. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

recieved this this morning, I am gutted :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. Baramundi Bob

Im told they deleted an account of a member of "The Whitby Bass Club", and told him he wasnt welcome any more. The daft thing is that if Cartman hadnt behaved like a 10 year old and spat his dummy out over a shad we wernt even interested in, then we wouldnt have taken the pi$$ all weekend.

For the record, Damos winning fish fell to a Savage Gear Shad, but dont tell anyone or they might start selling them in the bacon sandwiches in Arbutts

Damos Winning Shad, which also won him the RNLI match last year. We arent frightened to share our info as we want everyone to catch fish like we do.
    [​IMG]

7. andym

andym Rockling

I feel a lot better about this now then haha at least you got a reason Dave

[​IMG]

8. Baramundi Bob

Oh theres another one banned, haha thats mad.

9. Baramundi Bob

has anyone got the match results yet ?

10. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

i think this is getting out of order i asked a serious question about the shads if anybody has used
    them

11. Baramundi Bob

Re: Anyone tried these shads spawney bought some new shads and gave me a couple

What exactly is behind the iron curtain?

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

12. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sorry Glenn, Sam put them in the other thread,

didn't realise i was on it as i have never been on there forum, although I have been banned from better ones :wink: :laugh:

13. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Serious question all of a sudden? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We weren't born yesterday, what you mean to say is 'balls, I've been banned from a forum cos I took the p#ss a bit. I've edited my posts so looks like I'm not involved'

Yep, that sounds about right :laugh:

14. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

your wrong sam i didn't go on there much i don't go on any forum much i have other things going on in my life other than fishing forums which are more important
    and yes i did edit my post and yes i am banned
    regards ian

15. Baramundi Bob

Looks like the shads even went to Raw Nightclub

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Baramundi Bob

So heres the full story. Supersonic came fishing with the Whitby Lads Last Week, we had a cracking day out of Sandsend with an average of around 10 cod per man. Kev took the biggest at around 6lb. I didnt even notice what he caught it on, nor did I even care. It turns out he caught it on one of the black shads with a red tail. So what, I caught my pb cod on a bright orange jigger, Mike got his biggest on a shad, dan on a pink eel and Damo on a savage gear sandeel. These were all double figure cod were talking about.

Through the week Kev gets hassle for showing us the black shads which the east coast kayak lads wanted keeping secret for some stupid reason. Told he is no longer welcome to fish with Cartman because He has lets out all the secrets. Cartman spits the dummy and refuses to fish the Runswick Match, far too political apparently. The story gets out (wonder who did that ?), The lads on here who all like a bit of craic start their banter, The shad is photographed everywhere for a bit of fun, nothing more, just fun.

Cartman sulks even more and asks to have his account deleted off our site, which we did for him, no problem there.

The match takes place, Whitby lads do well taking 1st, 3rd and 4th, and not a single one of them uses the infamous black shad.

East coast kayak crew spit the dummy even more and start banning anyone who has had a laugh at their expense.

The moral of the story, We wernt even interested in the shad, Not one of us has ever used one, and had Cartman not spat the dummy no-one would ever even have known about them. Ive no intention to use them, Ive always caught all my fish on little orange fladden hokkies. Im more than confident with them and wouldnt want to change. Secrets dont work in kayak fishing and the group of lads who started this sport up here have been testing and sharing methods for many years now and long may it continue.

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

It's all a bit ironic. Only a short while ago the same person was having a dig at some of the kayak lads for been too secretive!
    I really can't be arsed with such attitudes, it's all a bit shallow and goes against everything this site is about. Good luck to the members of his site!

18. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  19. wilky

wilky Blenny

Shame about the bans and the dummies but I had a good giggle at it all

20. bucko

bucko New Member

"Sometimes that shad he looks right into ya.
    Right into your eyes.
    And, you know, the thing about a shad... he's got lifeless eyes.
    Black eyes.
    Like a doll's eyes."

Film quotes aside- are they available in red and black? :gum: