1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone own a tetra 10 kayak

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by pastarastareggea, Jan 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. pastarastareggea

pastarastareggea Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi guys and girls does anyone own a tetra 10 ocean kayak as im thinking of buying one for fishing no more then a mile offshore and wondered if anyone can tell me what they are like and would they be up for the job
    thanks in advance

2. Scarface

Scarface Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi
    Just posted my ocean prowler 13 for sale if you are interested, have used it for exactly that purpose!

3. pastarastareggea

pastarastareggea Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thank you for the offer but i only have about £400-450 to play with

4. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

In my opinion 10ft kayaks are beach toys and not fit for your purpose, I am sure you will get something 2nd hand and suitable for that money

5. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

As Spawney-Dave has said.... I wouldn't like to go a mile offshore in a 10ft kayak.

13ft minimum.

Prowler 13, Trident 13 are great kayaks although 1 mile is quite a way, even for those. 14 or 15ft would be better for real offshore stuff. Ultra 4.3/4.7 or Kaskazi Dorado type craft.

6. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

Go for 13ft, and you don't need to go more than a few hundred yards off to catch decent fish if you go to the right place
    Regards John

7. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Very true...