1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone been out lately?

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Website Reviews And Links' started by brian carragher, Aug 21, 2009.

1. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just a quickie to see if anyones been out and about on the rivers lately, especially the Tees

Not been myself for a few weeks as I've been giving my boat a bit of stick but I'm itching to get a pike session under my belt in the next few days.

Got some good pics of pike and barbel from our local river and a few of them might just find their way on here if theres any interest

2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

dont do much river fishing but id be interested to see the pictures mate :happy:

3. brian carragher

Stuck this in the wrong one, it should have been in the freshwater fishing section but no worries if theres enough interest I'll put a few up for viewing

I'm sure theres more than me who goes freahwater angling so it might be worth giving it a bit of a kick off

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

i freshwater fish, but not on the major rivers, lakes and becks are more my thing

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I've been meaning to get out on the kayak for the Tees Pike/Perch but have not got round to it, hope to soon (sea fishing keeps getting in the way though!). Hope you post some pics, might spur me on a bit to get on the river :cheesy:

6. brian carragher

if I get a bit of time tomorrow I'll have a stab at uploading a few photos and see what folk think

7. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Talking to a lad yesterday said he had been barbel fishing on the River Severn. We have some cracking barbel on the swale the wear and the tees ive seen them while fishing for trout on the fly . He said they fight well . I have had Wear-Sea trout and ive never had anything fight as hard on a ten foot single hander. This year ive yet to catch a sea-trout .Cars been of the road ,but the lad i know on the Wear has only had 3-4 he said. TheTees Barrage doesnt seem to have the big shoals yet unless ive missed them .PB

8. lochbois

lochbois Guest

I fished on the Wear last evening tuesday, i was glad to see a few fish jumping in the pools . I hooked and lost a good fish my second fish of the 2009 season.
    Another regular reported loosing four fish on saturday.
    I was blameing my hooks sharpness , but in one year i lost nine and caught nine.
    Hopefully we will get a good run of Autumn fish in our rivers.PB