1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any1 been out ferreting

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by mad mick, Dec 28, 2011.

1. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i was ment to be going this morning but the wind was not on our side. :sad:

2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Been a few times, not had loads, few 10's and 15's but cover took so long dying back havent been out much

3. mad mick

hello gadget. you seen many youg rabbits about

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

none since september time mate, couldnt go very eaarly this year due to the mild weather weve had

5. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

same here too much cover got 10 last week but no kits in them when its warm like this theres generally kits about now

6. mad mick

you ever seen kits during the winter when the snow is on the bottom? i only seen it once up brampton cumbria. i think if the sets are deep enough they will still bread.

7. peter catchpole

no m8 only seen kits around december on odd years when its warmer this year must be one of the mildest up to now , but doing a big estate with the ferrets this sat&sun so i will know better

8. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

the bairn is out tomorrow morning with his mates,, he is taking his gear but leaving the dog behind.... ....mick if you here of any ferrets for sale locally let me know as well as lee wants another couple... hope ya jill comes home ...
    cheers
    Paul

9. mad mick

hope to see some great photo's for your catch peter. Do you use longnets or just purse nets? Am on maken a purse net now just on hear to give my hands abit time off. Hello paul. Yeah will do mate. I know a lad who knows a lad ha ha who knows a lad who sells mini ferrets well they like young ferrets but are fully grown.that be good to get hold of a few of them!

10. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

[​IMG]

picture of my last outing

11. mad mick

nice one lado! All tweeded up to gadget. Well i have stopped maken nets for the night as my hands are killing!

12. peter catchpole

[​IMG] hi mick this was my best haul 2yrs ago never had as many since that day but still 20/30s cheers pete

13. SAGE

those are some canny bags from both of you, no doubt those pics will make my son lee jealous, he only gets two's or three's then comes home cos they are just for the pot.. hopefully this fourth coming year some bigger more rabbit infested permission will be gained..
    cheers
    Paul

14. peter catchpole

we all started off with 1s& 2s paul ,its great to see the yougsters keeping the tradition ,its getting more & more difficult to get & keep permission ,sometimes i drive 150 mile round trip for 12 rabbits but you have to be there when the farmer wants you ,good luck to the young fella cheers pete

15. mad mick

yeah we have to travel toget bags of bunnys to. Paul i have permission of the hurst farm near trimdon and fishburn for ferreting and i not seen a rabbit yet. Its rather crazy round our parts peter if you dont drive through a village and dont see a kid with his camo gear on with dog or ferret box it means the schools are on.ha ha

16. SAGE

aye.. ya right there mick.... kids in camo gear with a carrybox and dog.... sounds just like my kid and his mates !!!and if your driving through coxhoe or kelloe it probably is my son and his mates.....

peter.... got permission on a couple of small farms locally but the rabbit population is very small but it fills 1/2 a day if they are bolting..

cheers
    Paul

17. mad mick

rabbits are so hard to find round trimdon its unreal some times it makes you think if your ferrets are working. Then you go to a place were you gettin 5s and 6s out off a 10holer. Paul i got a dvd with ferrets 200yards of long nets 3or 4 shotguns filmed in wales. You wanna lend it? Any1 no where i could get a couple of wild polecats from?

18. peter catchpole

lol while the kids are out with the ferrets & dogs they arnt on the streets causing trouble its good to see the youngsters out ,as for the rabbits they are getting in short supply all over cos the night vision lads & lampers get a very lot early on after the first cuts of grass , im lucky cos my main farm is surrounded by national trust woods & theres plenty of warrens in there which keeps my warrens topped up ,but if i ws to rifle it at night there wouldnt be many left ,i usually allways keep my main ferreting untill after xmas cheers lads

19. mad mick

thats it peter. where is it your from then peter?

20. peter catchpole

glossop derbyshire mick ,moved to a place outside hyde now