1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Tips For Trouble Free Fishing With Braid Please ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bow1, Feb 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Now that has really got mi cogs working....very impressive 8)

2. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

I'd still prefer the Breakaway canon trigger personally - if you're used to using a fixed spool and releasing the line with your index finger then it's basically the same.

If you're used to releasing a Multiplier with your thumb then the one you show Tatch would be better as you still release your thumb to cast. "Horses for courses" I suppose ;)

3. Bernie

Bernie Blenny

Nice one Tach den darkin says they are £12 plus £1 for postage so I think I'll get one. Has anyone else tried it yet - looks great for anyone (like me) switching from multipliers

4. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

It's probably worth pointing out - when I started using a trigger I found it difficult to time the release point as there was no pull on my finger. However, after a very short time I presume I learned to time it from the pull on the rod - so if you mistime a few casts to begin with don't write the thing off too quickly!

5. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Years ago some anglers used to whip a length of leather [ part of a belt etc] onto the rod in the right place , it would be 4 to 5 inches
    in length , the line off your reel was placed around the area of where the whipping ended , the leather was bent over the line and trapped with the thumb , it was a simple way , cheap and it worked quite well

6. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

7. mocksqueek

mocksqueek Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A decent fixed , Kwags rings, 100lb braid leader,20lb fireline braid.Cast a mile , trouble free

8. mocksqueek

mocksqueek Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It s decent fixed spool reel.

9. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

been using braid on multis recently with no problems at all,
    was wary at first and put 0.40 on which would be 20 lb mono but is 60 braid ,didnt fancy going thinner and its been casting fine nearly emptying my slv 20 slosh with a backwind at kilnsea ,all i need now is some fish.

frank.