1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any sign of the algae clearing?....

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by craigrob, May 17, 2016.

1. Misso

Misso Blenny

Hi Carl yes I am down for 27th June on my own just for a refresher and 14 15th July with the old man when are u out ?????

2. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Hi Lee, I will be out on the 25th and 26th mate. I have to work the 27th - 30th but have the 1st to 17th July off work and will be out daily (Weather permitting) However I don't know which boat (Trot On or Alliance) or on what days as Perry and I have to cover both boats for the reports. Really looking forward to this festival as the bloom should be over and the fishing should have picked up by then
    Although I am not too sure my liver or ulcers are up to 2 weeks of fishing, Fry ups, Pizza and kebab diet and vast amounts of alcohol, Although Dolly is training me up in the latter LOL

3. Misso

Misso Blenny

You could always ask Paul if you could borrow his liver if things get to much!!! Lol

Look forward to catch up weather permitting 14th 15th

4. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

I'm fishing the 25th june and the last w'end of the festival carl, couldn't get on with dolly he's full the days i'm available.

5. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Getting giddy now boys Algae clearing, Fishing picking up, Festival looming....... HAPPY DAYS

6. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just wondering if the dreaded algae has cleared or haven't the boats been getting out this week due to the swell and northerlys

7. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

No boats out during the week but there should be a few out tomorrow (Sunday), water looks like its clearing though from observations from the shore at Redcar, waves are still breaking but theres no colour in them so its fair to assume that there will be a bit of clarity to it tomorrow but couldnt say how much as you really need to be on top of it to get a better view

8. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Called Killer earlier and tomorrow's off due to the swell....Maybe next time

9. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Are you out tomorrow Bri ?

10. brian carragher

Today was my last chance to get out so tomorrows off the radar, shame really as there might be a chance of being afloat early doors till about dinner time, think there might be a few boats off from Redcar tomorrow, will keep an eye out to see if anyone has any luck if they do

Boats been ready since April 20th and I've only been out twice since then, been a crap summer so far, needs to pick up soon

11. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Hope it does Bri, Looks like I'm home for a good spell so bring on the good weather. Got a place in the boatyard now so should be moving it down this week.:cool:

12. brian carragher

Look forward to meeting up with you out there, give me a heads up when you're going and I'll try and do the same, fingers crossed for a few fish, freezers empty and we've eaten all the ones we've just caught so need a top up and a fill up in the freezer

• Like Like x 1
  13. brian carragher

Only a couple of potters off today , theres a load more sea come in overnight and its a lot heavier than yesterday and no angling boats out today

14. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Only a couple of potters off today , theres a load more sea come in overnight and its a lot heavier than yesterday and no angling boats out today

shore leave cancelled for wed/thurs Bri hope to get out n find a few

& give status of algiie etc. Whitby boys out potting huntcliffe/marske high areas.

looked ok clarity wise from fan house etc nice n blue further out.

hope MSW stays true, then pits again after thurs