1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any sign of the algae clearing?....

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by craigrob, May 17, 2016.

1. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

I haven't been for a trip out for a long time due to work and the huge swells we've been getting, Got a trip booked this w'end and the weather is looking ok up to now and was wondering if the algae is still here?

cheers.

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Been off today from Redcar, water pretty mucky still tight inside but once you get past that, the green's still there, having a real bad effect on the fishing as well, had a run out to aroundabout 7 mile off and it was still green out there and no fish, no tide run either as the flood tide had next to no run on it, the gps was showing very very little movement

Not many fish either and what there was were on the small side

3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

can change for sunday but supposed to be a bit windy check with skipper before you go

4. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

Getting really balled off with this weather, I can only get at the w'end and it seems the wind waits for the w'end!! If satday gets canceled that will be my 4th in a row.....

5. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I think you'll be fine this weekend mate as its forecast 15mph southerly's on Saturday and 9mph Westerly's on Sunday so it's looking like 4th time lucky....now if the fish are playing ball then that's anyone's guess but good luck anyway.

6. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

it changes everyday on guru & msw harlo, its just pot luck this year so far with the weather, and the algae is a pain.

7. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

we use xc weather for crane movements at work this showed strong winds for weekend but they changed today to light winds good luck

8. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

just had the call i didn't want....canceled again due to high winds. i'm not going to plan another its a waste of time, just go at the last minute if i can get on.

9. Misso

Misso Blenny

Sorry to here that Criag give us a shout when your next out so I can avoid that date lol

10. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

11. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I know that feeling only too well Craig...That's why I don't go mid week no more as I've got to book a holiday off work and can't cancel my day off the night before if it's called off so end up wasting them.I bet the skipper isn't happy as well with loosing a days takings but the weather is boss I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  12. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

Spot on harlo, the weather in this country is so upredictable that planning a trip out fishing is just a nightmare. :mad:

13. facembani223

facembani223 New Member

it changes everyday on guru & msw harlo, its just pot luck this year so far with the weather, and the algae is a pain.

14. brian carragher

There was'nt much algie about today, water looked very clear and you could see your fish coming up from a long way down, had to run off for the better water though

15. brian carragher

Best keep it a secret but mackeral are getting caught, had 4 today

• Like Like x 1
  16. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

I'm glad to hear it brian, how far did go?

17. brian carragher

We were all over the ocean today, from hard under the cliffs in 35ft of water to about 8 mile off in 135ft or about 23 fathom but its clear in 60ft just not enough fish showing

18. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Best keep it a secret but mackeral are getting caught, had 4 today

but beware!

after Bri told us, changed to plankton type lures & then 1st drop

bang, thought hell, hit mid water, feeling smug thinking id got my 1st mackerel

this year double shot of 3-4lb andy money specials aka billet.

managed it another 2 drops but no mackerel.

as Bri said starting to clear up nicely.

hope it fishes & stays settled after this next blow.

no bait fish apparent but billet must have been after something

cod kept were stuffed with squat lobsters/talpies

rock edges should be interesting shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Few fresh cod off Brigg today all on cart

20. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

There is a plus side to that Craig, You saved the money for a day when you CAN get out. The fishing is VERY hard going at the minute. The lines are coming up full of algae, Maybe June will be better. Are you fishing the festival this year?

Misso, Are you and your dad planning a trip with us this time as the last got cancelled if I remember correctly?

Carl