1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any info on the greys mk1 Apollo plz

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by god ov all cod, Nov 1, 2013.

1. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi lads just got myself a greys mk1 Apollo and was wondering what your views are on this rod and do any of you know what casting oz it is thanks Carl

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I got one m8 there class excellent rod is it 14ft or 13'6 ???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

3. god ov all cod

It's 12ft8 had a bit took off end it's been fully rebuilt feels like a nice rod very very stiff

4. E.F.C. FOREVER

Yeah strong as needed for rough ground but a good sensative tip ..... u might of lost a bit of that like

5. god ov all cod

It should be ok I hope as long as it hauls fish in and flings a 6 oz lead out I'm not fussed lol

6. bow1

bow1 Rockling

hope everything ok carl and you happy with rod.as said dont want u thinking yiu bren sold a pup.
    if u aint happy pm me

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

7. god ov all cod

Yeh fine mate gonna go for a few casts on field soon pal see how she grafts she's good enough for me ;)

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

I used a 8 oz gripper last time out with it and it handled it with ease .... hope u pull a pig with fins out mate ;-)

9. ste muir

ste muir New Member

I lost about an inch or so off the tip of a mk1 Apollo and although the bite registration wasn't the same it still fished well and still have it today. Up for sale if anyone interested?

10. Apollo

Apollo Blenny

There's one on eBay now.

11. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A cult classic,these rods r hardcore :D& very desirable,they will chuck 8oz if needed.
    Very nice rods,will handle anything :D

12. god ov all cod

Thanks for the info lads going for a chuck with it tonyt for the first time see how she fairs out hopefully get a pig