1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any good for yakking

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by SAGE, Apr 3, 2009.

1. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

right lads can any of you yakkers help me out.....
    is one of these any good for on a kayak, i have the chance of one off a friend's uncle....he's a bit of a military historian / collector...he says its an old immersion suit for the forces, used by the S.B.S and the like , if its ok... how much do you think i should offer him, i dont want to insult him but still dont want to offer too much..
    cheers
    sage
    [​IMG]

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Sage has it got seals on the legs? Just cannot sea any. Not sure it would be much use without seals. Ken

3. robq

robq Rockling

At least its got a relief zip !! they can come in real handy :embarrass: :embarrass:

It looks like latex seals and probably breathable so it would be good for yakking if it has got ankle seals too.

If it was me I wouldnt pay more than £50 but I have no idea what they are worth 2nd hand

Rob

4. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

cheers lads for the advice, going to have a look at it next week sometime
    thanks
    sage

5. spud

spud New Member

If it has ankle seals its not a big job to glue latex socks on and is well worth doing :yes:

6. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

First thing you need to do sage is try it out, you don`t want to be spending anything on it if it leaks. How has it been stored, these things have to be looked after properly, no folded or bunched up in a bag, creases make week spots and are the seals still supple and not going tuff. Get it on and get in some water for a while.