1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Bridlington/Flamborough Head wrecks that any one knows of???

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by fishingad, Jun 5, 2010.

1. fishingad

fishingad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I don't have the pleasure of fishing in Whitby, as it takes me about an hour to tow my boat up to Brid Compound as it is, so i was wondering if any one knew of any wrecks around Brid or Flamborough Head?

Thanks

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Buy a chip for your your plotter/gps most have plenty of wrecks marked on them ... tight lines

3. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

got loads will pm you a few tommorow night

4. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

i used to take my boat to bridd until a saw the light now i fish out of whitby far better the wrecks are closer in you dont need to use a tractor to launch and no floating ropes to navigate had bits of old rope round my prop twice and no sand in the trailer wheel bearings if you need some coordernates for east coast ive got a few on a disk from berwick to the wash pm me your address over ill send you a copy tightlines Alain

5. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thats a lot easier getting them all on disk ,nice one, as for brid not being as good as whitby i totally disagree ,but then thats my opinion :wink:

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Bigbob1 no the fishing is good out bridd what i got iss off with was all the floating rope and glass bottles half filled with water dont know if things have now changed but i had a right scare one day i was out flatout about 29 30 knotts glass flat sea and smacked a bottle thought it was going to smash through the boats hull all this started when one of the weekenders cut through a floating pot rope that got court round his prop his mate when overboard to free the prop and cut the rope came back in to the compound and cut 100yards of rope up into 4ft lenths i was in the compound watching word soon got round what had gone off so then it was floating glass bottles every where so i packed in fishing bridd i now fish whitby and filey and hornsea think Rob at the compound new who s rope it was its a few years ago now tightlines Alain

7. suzuki999

suzuki999 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

try going on some of the diving websites mate they have all the coordinates on
    good luck

8. Volusian

Volusian New Member

Send me an email and ill let you have a full lilst of GPS marks of wrecks listed around the Holdernerss and Flamborough coastline ..

thanks
    keith
    www.kayakfishing.co.uk

9. RAY DEVLIN

RAY DEVLIN New Member

HI KEITH .AM NEW TO BRIDLINGTON AND GOT A BOAT IN HARBOUR I WONDER IF U CAN GIVE ME SOME WRECK MARKS OF BRID COAST MANY THANKS ,