1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another spawney bass, will the luck ever run out ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Aug 13, 2008.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Spawney does it again :cheesy:

Put in mid afternoon in a bit of a coloured sea but as the tide turned the colour dropped away making for favourable conditions. Plenty of fish in the 1 to 3lb bracket and then spawney hooks into this beauty. . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't think he liked me calling him a SPAWNEY BASS. . . . TRD :laugh:

[​IMG]

2. newdave

newdave Guest

hot off the press, just had another lucky night 7lb exactly, Shirley has all the photo's & i need a shower, report to follow
    :happy: :happy: :happy:
    [​IMG]

3. IanB

IanB Blenny

What a corker of a fish that is mate. lol Well done :yes: :yes:

All you need is a few corks on strings hung around that hat and guess who?

Here's a clue - you wouldnt hunt them in a yak - unless you were him of course lol :laugh: :laugh:

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Re: Spawney does it again

Sam have you any of those J13s for sale mate, in blue n silver :yes: :laugh:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Cracking stuff guys. Im not jelous honest. You certainly know how to sort those better bass out you guys dont you. I spoke to ian 07 earlier and he mentioned youd had a good bass. Well done. Will there be a double figure bass this year ??

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Superb fish Dave, a VERY well done matey :cool: I think I need to get out for some Bassing soon :cheesy:

Sorry Ken no J-13s, do have J-11s in Blue & Silver.

7. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

spawny bass i was gutted i had to go home early with the 3 i took home all around the 3 pound mark i told you earlier iam looking for a double figure 1 when you lads fish the festival i will be bass fishing for the monster bass 10lb plus ive had 1 10.5lb when i was 16 ive got to beat it well done dave
    cheers ian

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You are consistantly spawney Dave :whistle: another cracking fish mate, I don,t suppose it had a bump on it,s head from a previous encounter :wounded: and well done to the photographer :wink:

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Dave, another great bass :happy:

10. newdave

newdave Guest

morning chaps

thanks for the kind words, what a night, after missing the previous two evenings when the good weather came late in the day i arranged to meet up with Ian07 & ken for another attempt at the Bass. at 15:00 the wind had gone nw & the sea was taking a bit of chop. we spent an hour drinking coffee & were almost going home. I phoned the coastguard for the latest forecast (nw 3-4 becoming variable). Bassyken was really keen to get on the water so in we went. the water was a little coloured close to shore better further out & we all rolled our favorite lures. we all had some success with school Bass, but I was looking for something better and we moved on. the ebb was going pretty good & I noticed a boil as the tide lifting over a scaur & decided to fish a deep diver past it thinking a decent pollock would be nice as well. put on a Rapala J13 & started to troll down tide in about 23ft, Ken was parallel about 100m closer to shore. because i was going with the tide the take was awesome the rod tip hit the water & the yak's head turned, as soon as i picked it up i new it was a good fish as it took line and really use the tide to give a brilliant fight. as i got it close it looked huge & i was sure this was the double & got really nervous when i saw it only had one of the hooks in its mouth, we were in quite lively water & it took what seemed like an eternity to get it over the net. once safely onboard we headed into some calmer waters for the ceremonial weighing & photo's, with me singing that kylie song "im so lucky, lucky lucky lucky" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the interesting thing for me was, i have previously caught all my bass close to shore in shallow water, this was a new method and certainly worked we went back as the wind had completely gone by now & i had two more in the 2-3lb bracket, before the tide dropped and it all went quiet. we got ashore in the dark again.

Roll on winter fishing :wink: :canadian: :canadian:

11. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Well done Dave mate another cracking fish mate

12. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Nice one Dave a superb sporting fish yet again :hungry:, well done mate, you have now officially graduated :educated:

13. baza

baza New Member

very well done, a cracking fish

14. IanB

IanB Blenny

Well done Dave, you certainly can find them :happy: :yes:

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done indeed another great fish, Its not luck its skill... :wink:

16. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

remember --- the more you practice
    the luckier you get

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

That was my point Al, just a bit tongue in cheek though. I think Dave needs another name change but we don,t want to alter it at the expense of the leg pulls. Dave quite enjoys it too hence the one fingered salute :laugh:

18. robq

robq Rockling

ANOTHER cracking fish Dave :surprise: :surprise:

Well done mate, must have a bash after them myself if the weather ever settles on my days off :evil: :evil:

19. Dav

Dav Rockling

Very nice fish dave ..well done...plenty time yet for another one ...we hope.... :yes: