1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another spawney Bass 6lb 8oz

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Aug 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. newdave

newdave Guest

So sw 5 -6 this morning, where the hell can you get a kayak afloat in that, Basseyken headed to some muddy creek in humberside but i opted for hiding behind a big cliff. a bit of a late start as i was ready to push of at 09:30 which was just the right time to meet Quint coming back, and sure enough the early bird had snaffled a couple of Bass, best a nice fish that looked more than its 3.5lb.
    [​IMG]
    Ramrod was also an early starter & was still toiling so i headed off to find him. the water had coloured up quite a bit, a bit of swell & a lot of wind making it a slog.
    we fished hard using a number of different tactics, plugs cast & trolled, floated sandeel jellyworms. but no joy and by mid afternoon we were a long way from home & fishless :sad:
    The strong wind turned a bit more westerly so we were now being buffeted & decided to start working our way home. for a while we had a tremendous squall that pushed us so fast that it was impossible to keep fishing. then as that passed i was able to start trolling a lure again.
    5 Min's later i was in & you know the moment you pick the rod up that its a good fish, it went mad & took about 3 trips around & under the yak before I had her in the net :happy: thats the 5th decent Bass for me but it still leaves me shaking & totally exhilarated.
    shouted Ray over to take a photo & then found the camera had died :sad: nothing on the LCD but it still seamed to be taking pictures so i got Ray to take some blind just in case, not the best but i got something :happy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    tried a bit longer & snaffled a nice pollock of exactly 3lb, & Ray managed a Bass for T, :happy:
    [​IMG]
    So a really tough day in hard conditions & just when i had more or Less given up it all came good again.
    home knackered & very happy again :happy: :happy:

2. langy

langy Rockling

Re: another spawney Bass

Unlucky Ken but at least you had a trip out :) we saw ray going that way at about 5:30 this morning .. Nice fish Ian great stuff

Tight lines langy :)

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Another fine fish Dave, how do you do it :confused: I can't seem to get past the schoolies :baby: That wind swung round and was really nasty for a short while. But in true trooper fashion we lobbed our lures back in and were rewarded with a bass apiece. Mine was much bigger than the spawnsters but he wouldn't take a photo of it :whistle: Well done..... again!

4. rupert

rupert Blenny

Nice bass there, well done indeed, particularly for persevering. :yes:

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well done Dave, some very nice fish there. That Husky Jerk is working well for you :wink: :cool:

6. newdave

newdave Guest

it seems to be deadly when the water is a bit coloured, when it was very clear it did not get a sniff, its a very bright noisy lure so maybe its best suited to thoe conditions ?

7. langy

langy Rockling

Stonking fish Dave well done mate :)

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Another fantastic result Dave, a well earned fish with all the effort....

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Great fish dave.....well done , quints looks a good un too.....well done lads n keep plugging away ramrod..... :cheesy:

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

Another quality fish Dave,the amount of suicidal big bass where you fish is frightening :wink: :happy: It was a hard slog hauling the pots this morning in that wind so full respect to you guys for paddling against it.. tight lines :happy:

11. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

cracking fish again dave, well done and the same for you iain.

12. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Nice one mate - good to see you in the bigger fish as well! Yours looks about a similar length to mine (27"), maybe a tad slimmer. I looked at the scales and estimated mine at about 14 or 15 years old. Was that one about the same?

13. newdave

newdave Guest

correct biscuit, 69cm but it was a bit lean & mt, my 9lber was only 1" longer but obviously a lot fatter

14. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

That's interesting. I wonder if we're seeing the upper weight limit for our local bass, given the colder waters up here?

15. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done dave, another big bass for you :happy:

16. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well done Dave, that is an interesting lure you have there - you kept that one quiet :whistle: .

Seriously though well done on getting out there yesterday, it was horrid, some of those gusts were damn fierce. Was thinking of you guys out on the open water in that wind while I was reasonably sheltered up that creek.

Ken

17. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Fantastic bass Spawney well done, very difficult conditions out there, those land winds deserve utmost respect, by the time I had played my bass and landed the fish I had moved out of the shelter of the cliffs and drifted out to sea which was quite snotty and lively - think Mr. Ramrod is saving himself for the double :educated:

18. robq

robq Rockling

Good angling in poor conditions lads :yes:

well done on yet another nice bass Dave !!

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well Spawned !! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nice fish Dave you certainly put the hours in so well done on the results. :yes: :yes:

20. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Been looking for plugs again after yesterday. Changed my 20lb braid to 30lb on fri evening and after losing 1 plug all season I lost 3 of my best ones on Sat :confused: coincidently the huskey jerk was high on my list :whistle: they say if you can't beat em join em, but I did join him and he still beat me :laugh: :cry: I'm starting to really hate him now but he did stop my yak from sliding off the car and taking out half of the holiday makers at north landing, he can catch anything that man :laugh: