1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another PB Cod For Langy !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by smokey, Dec 30, 2008.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

Last night was another of Filey club's winter fishing league and with conditions not very good down this way,expectations weren't that good.Flamborough was the chosen mark as there was a little more colour in the water which at least gave hope of a codling or 2 :happy: After Langy myself and Moses not having a touch for the 1st 2 casts,a small move was made which turned out to be the right decision :happy: First cast nothing for 10 minutes so i put the rod in the tripod to bait up "BITE" shouts Langy and i look up to see the rod slamming down in the tripod,very nearly pulling it over,i grabbed the rod,wound down and it was one of them instant bites that bangs hard and pulls tight away from you :surprise: I strike into the bite and completely pull through it,god knows how :angry: :whistle: It was one of them bites you don't get many of in a season and was gutted to miss it.Not 5 minutes later,Langy winds down on a bite,he didn't even get tight on it before hitting it,a rarving bite..It was clear he was into a better fish and after pumping it in like a seasoned pro,a fine 8lb er was laid out in his fish bag :happy:
    [​IMG]
    It was in perfect condition and may well have been the fish i missed minutes earlier,if not,there was one of a similar size in the hole :surprise:
    [​IMG]
    The very next cast he hooked into another nice fish,maybe 3 or 4lb only for the hook to pull very close in which would have given him his 1st 10lb bag of cod.He deserved this fish as in last Monday nights club match he lost a very big fish while fishing the cliffs on the Brigg,we couldn't get it's head out of the water and his 70lb leader chafed on the ledge below :cry: :cry: The week before that we fished the same cliff and watched as Franky Colling lost a very big fish under the cliff,he's an experienced old dog and he reckoned it was an " upper double " :surprise: tight lines :happy: Oh i blanked by the way,although i did make the usual indent on the yorkshire slug population :whistle: :wink: :happy:

2. GJW

GJW Rockling

Nice one Langy, your having a good season mate and long may it continue...... :yes: Well Done Lad.. :cool:

3. baza

baza New Member

an excellent catch langy, well done

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thats a lovely fish langy , well deserved bud...... :yes: :yes:

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

nice fish langy at least we know there is some fish about down your way :yes: :yes:

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done langy. :yes: your fishing well keep it up

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

smashing fish again langy :yes: well done ,if you need a lift any time ,i'm your man :whistle:

8. smokey

smokey Rockling

You're welcome to him Bilster :wink: :happy: tight lines

9. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done langy, a fish to be proud of mate :happy:

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done again langy, they,re getting bigger and bigger :happy:

11. muzz

muzz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

12. moses

moses New Member

Cracking fish Langy, how it missed my bait i dont no! :confused: You played the fish in like a seasoned pro!. It wont be long before your first double figure fish lands on the scales. :yes:

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Langy. Showing the boys how its done yet again. At what point do the rolls revers and you start taking them fishing ? I think they need to be getting a few tips off you.

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Keeep going lad I m sure uncle Smokey will be proud as punch for you to keep kicking his ass all season.....next year you can show him where you should be going...lol....well done langy superb year you have had nice one :yes:

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Langy all i keep seeing on here is pics of you holding up flipping great cod :cheesy: - well done mate, your having a fantastic year, keep it up and look forward to seeing you at the next open :happy:

Ken

16. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

langy bud, i fear by the time you have finnished honing your angling skills, with the expert tuition of mr 24lb coalie himself, it might just be too late for you to give the big boys like mr ramroot, and mr 400 yrd 4 baits, a lesson they deserve, so look forward if you will to giving everybody else in the sea angling community of southern moppmen and northern raiders a goood old arse spanking, cos you have come very far in a very short space of time thanks to uncy mart.
    cant imagine an eight pounder at your weight, very well done bud, kick arse :yes:

all the best

17. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done langy, you are doing the business thats for sure!

18. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well done Langy cool fishing :cool: I'll pick you up at 1 Saturday :canadian:

19. langy

langy Rockling

Cheers lads, don't no when the lucks going to change hope it doesnt :whistle: :whistle: lol cheers again smokes your turn next uncle smokey:):):) tight lines and all the best for a bloody big piggy :wink:

20. langy

langy Rockling

haha